Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for advice, ResMed’s mini or AirSense for her
Looking for advice, ResMed’s mini or AirSense for her
I’m in the process of working out which machine to buy. Im thinking of resmed mini or the AirSense for her. The considerations I need are: I enjoy using Oscar software, I might need to use the machine off grid and I like my dreamware mask. Can anyone give advice for me before I make an error!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for advice, ResMed’s mini or AirSense for her
Hi Jarm,
If you want to be able to use OSCAR, then buy the AirSense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet for Her.
The AirMini is not supported by OSCAR.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines

If you need to use the AirSense off grid, just turn it to Airplane mode.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO the AutoSet for Her. Buy the DC power brick and you can either plud in to a standard 12 VDC plug or clip-on to the terminals of a 12 VDC battery. Full size, full function. Off Grid you would typically turn off power to your humidifier and use passover humidification only. Any AirSense 10 or AirCurve 10 will function this way. Do not but the ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP, that is a specific model that does not have detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you get the air mini you will only have regrets later on. It's a toy for use in transit situations like flights or train rides.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my full size machine for travel, I have a 12/24v adapter for use when camping no noise and disturbance for anyone I am sharing the room with
Post Reply Post Reply
AutoSet for her over mini. I've seen reviews that these travel class of CPAPs can be noisy and maybe less effective for decent therapy. And worse, they may cost more than some regular non-travel models.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 11 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 47 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,776 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.