Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for any advice
RE: Looking for any advice
A side topic and question,

Has anyone dealt with a Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist?, they work to strengthen the muscles of your throat, tongue, ect.. to help with sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
My browser was not reloaded when I replied and realized I did not thoroughly read through all the replys. So as it stands then, Sleeping in supine may not work well for me. I suppose continueing this route is still a good course of action. If positive results are lacking then perhaps construction will begin on a Tennis Ball Tee Shirt with follow up tests.

Also I realized that the lip leaking derail reply was not related to me. haha.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2019, 10:45 PM)WhySoTired Wrote: A side topic and question,

Has anyone dealt with a Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist?, they work to strengthen the muscles of your throat, tongue, ect.. to help with sleep apnea.

Some have reported a bit of success also playing a didgeridoo regularly as strengthening the throat muscles.  I suspect working with an Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist would yield similar results.  The evidence I have read on this is that it can help somewhat with mild sleep apnea but with moderate to severe apnea it will not remove the need to use a machine to keep your airway open while sleeping.  And yes, the taping to do with lip leaking was not directed at you.  Sorry!
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data,  New settings at 10-14.  I feel pretty good so far.

-------

WhySoTired
A side topic and question,

Has anyone dealt with a Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist?, they work to strengthen the muscles of your throat, tongue, ect.. to help with sleep apnea..

Marillion:
Some have reported a bit of success also playing a didgeridoo regularly as strengthening the throat muscles. I suspect working with an Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist would yield similar results. The evidence I have read on this is that it can help somewhat with mild sleep apnea but with moderate to severe apnea it will not remove the need to use a machine to keep your airway open while sleeping. And yes, the taping to do with lip leaking was not directed at you. Sorry!

------

Interesting, there is a good one in vancouver, Ill see if I can dig up more info.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks like Tues. Sept 3rd data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 11:55 AM)Marillion Wrote: That looks like Tues. Sept 3rd data.

That confused me as well, It is the night of the 3rd to 4th.  Below it shows Sep 04 01:08:08.934
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 02:51 PM)WhySoTired Wrote:

That confused me as well, It is the night of the 3rd to 4th.  Below it shows Sep 04 01:08:08.934

It's the same chart that you put in post #8
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 02:58 PM)Melman Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 02:51 PM)WhySoTired Wrote:

It's the same chart that you put in post #8

WOW...    Too-funny

Maybe I am tired...  
Here is the correct chart...

Post Reply Post Reply
My own recommendation would be go higher still with your minimum as well as maximum. Maybe an 11-16 combo. I see a lot of upward trends with the machine needing to increase pressure on you a lot and you are hitting the maximum a few times too. I would also get rid of the ramp feature if you can. Seeing a couple of real positional chin tucking apnea events. Are you still using your collar? I would also try a thinner memory foam or latex pillow.

On your chart, I would untick the box that shows the VS and VS2 statistic. Not too useful of a statistic and I think it is just adding a fair bit of noise to the chart I don't think we need.

Still, a much better chart than what you just posted before. Smile There is room for improvement though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clustered events. I think your solution does no lie with higher pressure. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 849 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 783 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.