Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for any advice
RE: Looking for any advice
(09-05-2019, 08:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Clustered events. I think your solution does no lie with higher pressure.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

I keep hearing on this forum "What works for some may not work for others." I am wearing a cervical collar which this article seems to point towards, could this be a case of this scenario? I have adjusted well to wearing it quickly and have no issues falling asleep with it on or waking up with it, ect..  I wear it with a 2 finger gap in tightness.

I will try increasing pressure to 11-16, I have been working some long days and have not had the time to look for a pillow. I will pick one up this weekend and give that a go.

Thanks for the pointers,  The sleep is improving and getting better. I am actually looking forward to sleeping now and seeing my charts in the morning.  Before I felt like sleeping was a waste of time since i just felt exhausted all day regardless of how much i slept ect....  Thinking-about yet I was always so tired all i wanted to do was sleep...

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far. I really notice a difference already with my cognitive ability and day time fatigue.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights graph, Some improvement. I turned of VS and VS2, however these seemed worse then before.

-I tighted my skull cap slightly, which may have been a mistake. It woke me up needing repositioning a few times during the night.

-I wore the cervical collar slightly tighter then usual, still comfortable.

-I took a nap when I got home, I was so tired yesterday.  Not sure if or how that would effect this nights sleep.

Todays chart, I feel tired but thinking clearly. My machine was red lined most of the night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2019, 08:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Clustered events. I think your solution does no lie with higher pressure.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

Sleeprider.  You know I have always deferred to your greater experience and knowledge on this subject!  However, in this situation the OP is already using a soft cervical collar as was suggested earlier.  I have also suggested a lower and firmer pillow to discourage the chin tucking.  I felt that according to his chart, his machine was constantly trying to ramp up to keep up with events and the ramp function started him off with too low of a start point.  He was also hitting his max settings it looks like at 3 points that night for extended periods.  I thought a slight increase in min and a slightly greater amount of headroom in max would be warranted. 

However, I definitely don't have near as much experience here as you (and others do here) so please feel free to correct me!!  I won't be offended.  I promise.  Smile

OP, it is great to hear that you are starting to feel better!  It can take weeks and certainly even months for some to really reap the benefits of treatment and to catch up on the sleep debt accumulated.  I wish you continued success.  Keep us posted!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if anyone has suggested a buckwheat chaff pillow. It can be configured to support your neck and hold your head in position to prevent chin tucking. Because of the density of the chaff it keeps its configuration, which can be changed by remolding it. A buckwheat chaff pillow resolved much of my chin tucking before I learned about the collar. The collar works best for me but I also still use the pillow. Amazon has a large selection.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2019, 11:21 AM)Marillion Wrote:

Sleeprider.  You know I have always deferred to your greater experience and knowledge on this subject!  However, in this situation the OP is already using a soft cervical collar as was suggested earlier.  I have also suggested a lower and firmer pillow to discourage the chin tucking.  I felt that according to his chart, his machine was constantly trying to ramp up to keep up with events and the ramp function started him off with too low of a start point.  He was also hitting his max settings it looks like at 3 points that night for extended periods.  I thought a slight increase in min and a slightly greater amount of headroom in max would be warranted. 

However, I definitely don't have near as much experience here as you (and others do here) so please feel free to correct me!!  I won't be offended.  I promise.  Smile

OP, it is great to hear that you are starting to feel better!  It can take weeks and certainly even months for some to really reap the benefits of treatment and to catch up on the sleep debt accumulated.  I wish you continued success.  Keep us posted!

Marillion I don’t disagree and your input is always welcome even if it is different from my own. I don’t have better answers in this case. My forum experience does not confer expertise or guru status and the wealth of this forum is the choice of ideas to pursue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. Though I have to disagree that you and a few others here are not highly respected with regards to your wealth of knowledge and experience. Perhaps you don't want to use the word "guru" or admit expertise but I find the terms apt to describe a few people on the boards here, including yourself. Thanks for all the help you have given me in the past as well as many others here.

With regards to the original poster, WhySoTired. At this point I myself would say that you should get a few more days at this setting before making any changes. I find it perplexing that you are still getting so many clusters and redlining so often. You may yet need to go higher on your max setting but I am not certain you should try that route yet until you get a few more days under your belt and perhaps change your pillow first. I would also advise removing the ramp function if at all possible.

Most often, this process is more an evolution rather than a revolution. Patience is key.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2019, 11:15 AM)Marillion Wrote: WhySoTired.  At this point I myself would say that you should get a few more days at this setting before making any changes.  I find it perplexing that you are still getting so many clusters and redlining so often.  You may yet need to go higher on your max setting but I am not certain you should try that route yet until you get a few more days under your belt and perhaps change your pillow first.  I would also advise removing the ramp function if at all possible.

Most often, this process is more an evolution rather than a revolution.  Patience is key.

I will collect a couple more days of data before posting.  I changed masks and am now using a Resmed airfit N20.  My nasal pillows leaked and woke me up more frequently with the higher pressure.  I had to lower the pressure one night rather then wake up to adjust them.  I am now back up to 11-16 with the new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,835 9 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 804 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.