Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for guidance
Looking for guidance
Hello, I was wondering if someone can take a look at a few of my nights and help me figure out what I should dial my settings to
I currently have the AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her.
I can post a couple of days for comparison - 
I have been on CPAP for 5+ years now, was doing very well, but recently noticed my AHI is spiking.
I don't know if its heat-related in the morning, or maybe it's something else, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the most recent nights info, let me know if I should change any of graphs or anything
here are my current settings:

Machine Settings

Mode
Auto for Her
Pressure Min
8.00 cmH2O
Pressure Max
14.00 cmH2O
Antibacterial Filter
No
Climate Control
Auto
EPR
Off
Humidifier Status
On
Humidity Level

Mask
Full Face
Patient Access
No
Ramp
On
Ramp Pressure
8.00 cmH2O
Ramp Time
45.00 Minutes
Smart Start
On
Temperature
27 ºC
Temperature Enable
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for guidance
Most of your events are central and the CPAP cannot treat that. Your EPR is already off so that is not contributing to the problem. You may ultimately need an ASV (adaptive servo ventilator) to treat complex apnea with centrals. I'm sure your doctor wants to give this trial on CPAP at least one month to see of these central events diminish. I recommend you reduce maximum pressure range to 10.0 as higher pressure can increase central events. Central apnea is consistently inconsistent and it is very difficult to document in a sleep study, still it would help to get a copy of your diagnostic sleep study and titration if you had one, and review the results to see if central apnea were present during the tests.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can see if I can get those, my study was done more then 5 years ago. I remember the doctor saying I had something like 68 events per hour. Originally I had just the wires done on the sleep study but they couldn't determine with just that test what machine I needed, so I went back in and had the mask and the wires. They said I needed the CPAP machine so that's what we did.

Usually, my AHI is around 2-5 every night, but recently for the past few weeks, it has been in the high teens or 20's Sad

I got this new machine in January, which brought it further down. I was on the Resmed s9 elite which I would average around 6-8, so since my insurance would cover a new machine I got this one.

If you would like to compare I can attach some more results of nights that are high, and the other nights that are super low.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you have an SD card in the CPAP, that's the upper door on the left side. Any SD card 32GB or smaller will work.
Download OSCAR <-- (link) then post the daily charts, see the organize link in my signature. Then Attach your daily chart and then we can see what is really going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board. If you get the sleep study, feel free to post it. It would reveal your apnea history and help us with suggestions on your current status. Lots of nice purple lines on the chart BTW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are a couple more dates.
I couldn't get all the details for the left side, but I always use the same settings.
Antibacterial Filter
No
Climate Control
Auto
EPR
Off
Humidifier Status
On
Humidity Level

Mask
Full Face
Patient Access
No
Ramp
On
Ramp Pressure
8.00 cmH2O
Ramp Time
45.00 Minutes
Smart Start
On
Temperature
27 ºC
Temperature Enable

I have 3 other pictures available

The final pictures
Post Reply Post Reply
Your problem is mainly CA. I’d like to see the following setting changes.
Minimum pressure 8.0
maximum pressure 10.0
Ramp:Off

Your flow limitations are relatively high and that is what drives your pressure higher. Once we try a more limited range and verify CA is at reasonable levels I’d like to introduce EPR. For now just the changes above.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will make the changes tonight!
Should I wait a couple of days and post the results, as it can take a little bit for the body to adjust?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd probably use it overnight then post the results. It would likely show whether or not the new settings are helpful.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about the delay in getting back, I didn't really want to post one from the 11th as we had a power outage and it was way too hot in the house so I didn't think it would be a fair upload, but here are the past 3 days with the new settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 273 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 132 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,377 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 6 495 01-17-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [Treatment] UARS With BiPAP - Looking for Some Guidance Sleepy541 2 412 01-07-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy541
  Programme change guidance to eliminate apneas FijiFarmer 1 244 01-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.