Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for guidance on new Aircurve10 ASV
RE: Looking for guidance on new Aircurve10 ASV
No problem, the settings from above with EPAP max are:
EPAP min 5.0.
EPAP max 7.0
PSmin 2
PSmax 8
The result of that is IPAP max 15.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2017, 11:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: No problem, the settings from above with EPAP max are:
EPAP min 5.0.
EPAP max 7.0
PSmin 2
PSmax 8
The result of that is IPAP max 15.0

Thanks Sleeprider!

So still pretty bad in terms of aerophagia, but definitely better than the two previous nights...

I'm still struggling to understand exactly how the Resmed Aircurve ASV works, but we still don't seem to be seeing any real apnea events, even at the reduced EPAP range... Sleepyhead shows 3 Hypopnea events, but all right at the beginning when I am falling asleep and before any PS kicks in...

In the absence of any real events, I'm wondering if we can turn pressure range down a bit further even, but unsure if I should reduce EPAP Max to 6.0, or try reducing PS Max to 6 or 7... ?

No real events at moment is obviously good, so my ultimate goal is to continue to reduce the Aerophagia/bloating.

If I understand correctly, IPAP = EPAP + PS ?

It looks like my EPAP never goes above 5.5 anyway (so prob reducing EPAP Max from 7.0 to 6.0 wouldn't really provide any benefits anyway) ?

Regards
Mike

[url=[Image: zaKnLtom.png]][Image: zaKnLtom.png][/url]
Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad. Keep everything the same with EPAP min at 4.0. I guess this is the game of how low can we go. All of your events are during ramp, so minimize the time to allow you to get to sleep if you use it at all.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I continue to be a bit baffled by the data that I am getting from any of these machines... 

Suffering pretty badly with Aerophagia/bloating on the AirCurve10 (and also previously on the AirSense10 APAP), so given that I'm not really seeing any events, I am continuing to wind down the pressures...

Last night and the night before, I'm seeing ZERO OA/H events - which is GREAT, I'm just not sure I understand why...

Last night for the first time my aerophagia/bloating seemed to be very manageable (as I have been able to reduce EPAP and PS quite a bit)  Smile

However, my pressures are very low now, so how am I achieving such a fantastic result... My EPAP range is now down to 4.0-7.0 and I've reduced my Pressure Support down to 0.00-6.00...!!

If I look at the SH graphs for last night, the PS seems to continue to be very active throughout the night - Yet from everything I read, Pressure Support is really only effective in forcing someone to breathe, between about 8.0 and 12.0...

I am definitely a little bit less exhausted Today (for which I am truly grateful), but I continue to wonder what type of sleep apnea problems I have, considering the data that we have been seeing...

Is Max PS of 6.0 (leading to Max IPAP of 13.0) really sufficient to resolve all of my CA events... ?

[url=[Image: WtKNtxVm.png]][Image: WtKNtxVm.png][/url]

Guys, I'm honestly not complaining, I just don't really understand the data that I am seeing... Smile

Regards
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
It's good you continue to work with this. Your pressure support levels are indeed lower than most, but as long as they "kick start" your inspiration, they are doing all they need to. Your OA was never that severe, and the EPAP is keeping your airway patent. Life is good. The machine doesn't lie Smile

I'm looking forward to when you break the news to your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2017, 07:35 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Rich, what is your PS range?

Here are my settings.
Mode ASV Auto
Min EPAP 6
Max EPAP 12
Min PS 2
Max PS 8
No Ramp
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine seems to be working like mine even though your settings are lower.  Every one of those pressure spikes would be some type of Central Event.  
Here is what my data looks like:      

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2017, 08:48 PM)mymontreal Wrote: So I continue to be a bit baffled by the data that I am getting from any of these machines... 

Suffering pretty badly with Aerophagia/bloating on the AirCurve10 (and also previously on the AirSense10 APAP), so given that I'm not really seeing any events, I am continuing to wind down the pressures...

Last night and the night before, I'm seeing ZERO OA/H events - which is GREAT, I'm just not sure I understand why...

Last night for the first time my aerophagia/bloating seemed to be very manageable (as I have been able to reduce EPAP and PS quite a bit)  Smile

However, my pressures are very low now, so how am I achieving such a fantastic result... My EPAP range is now down to 4.0-7.0 and I've reduced my Pressure Support down to 0.00-6.00...!!

If I look at the SH graphs for last night, the PS seems to continue to be very active throughout the night - Yet from everything I read, Pressure Support is really only effective in forcing someone to breathe, between about 8.0 and 12.0...

I am definitely a little bit less exhausted Today (for which I am truly grateful), but I continue to wonder what type of sleep apnea problems I have, considering the data that we have been seeing...

Is Max PS of 6.0 (leading to Max IPAP of 13.0) really sufficient to resolve all of my CA events... ?

[url=[Image: WtKNtxVm.png]][Image: WtKNtxVm.png][/url]

Guys, I'm honestly not complaining, I just don't really understand the data that I am seeing... Smile

Regards
Mike

Hi Mike...
When I was just starting ASV treatment I found this PDF very useful....
http://carolinasleepsociety.org/document...of_asv.pdf

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of outdated information in that PDF regarding Resmed ASV functions and capabilities; i.e. minimum PS of 3.0? No auto EPAP. etc.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I've followed the ASV threads for the last few months with some interest. I'm getting the impression that a BiPAP/ASV machine would provide everything needed for therapy. I'm looking at Storywizard's data and it's awesome. While my therapy on APAP is working it's not optimal and I'm thinking about buying an ASV as my first machine (with the APAP as a back up). I can't lower my RERAs and these can last for over 30 seconds. I've raised pressure to 13 min (my titration recommendation) with a 20 max. I believe it's the RERAs that are compromising my overall sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 137 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 168 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,384 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 279 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 6 499 01-17-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [Treatment] UARS With BiPAP - Looking for Some Guidance Sleepy541 2 417 01-07-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy541

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.