Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for help interpreting
Looking for help interpreting
Ok friends, I only started jumping in here recently after lurking a long time.
My journey to get to even reasonable numbers was long with lots of twists and pitfalls, but I am finally at a point where I have consistent not terrible numbers.
I do feel there is room to improve.
When first prescribed pressure was 21/17, but I have much better results now.
Wondering if you expert folks would kick the tires, I would like to get down lower if I can, my sleep has gotten much better
since starting treatment and I would like to wring it for all its worth. 
Thanks in advance

Equipment is an Aircurve vauto with a respironics dreamwear mask, I rotate pillows and cushions.
It's in straight bipap mode now.

Here is a recent night and is about average recently.

http://imgur.com/a/G4RrQ
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for help interpreting
I do not seem to be able to access the image.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day personal111

I edited your post to make the link work (you don't need to use the {img} tags). The chart shows your machine is an Aircurve 10 VAuto - you might like to update your profile to show that.

Your results are pretty good, and I suspect some of the central apneas at the end of the night might be "sleep/wake junk". As your machine is auto there might be a benefit in setting is to VAuto mode and lowering the Min EPAP setting - the machine will run at the minimum and increase pressure if apneas or precursors are detected. I'd suggest you lower Min EPAP by 1 cm H2O and see how it goes for a few nights. If comfort improves and AHI doesn't go up, then keep lowering it until you reach a good balance between comfort and efficacy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine, and prefer it's operation in vAuto mode rather than fixed S-mode. Doing so, would allow you to set a lower minimum EPAP pressure, and the machine would increase pressure as needed ahead of OA, and might reduce CA. It would be logical to setup with mode Vauto, minimum EPAP 11.0 Maximum IPAP 20.0 and PS at 5.0. If you continue to see CA, a lower PS setting may help. If these results are typical, you are well treated, and don't need to do anything. I find the auto mode works well and is comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I reviewed the image, when I click the link it shows on my end at IMGUR.
http://imgur.com/a/G4RrQ

Sleeprider and DeepBreathing: I think I can call that result typical as now it stays between  2 to 2.4 about 6 days a week and has for about 6 weeks.
On the weekend if I stay up late Saturday or have drinks with friends, etc. on a night out, it will get blown out of the water that night
to a 5, but settle back down the next day on my normal routine.

It was a long, looong road to get there, but seems worth it.
I used to be falling into my keyboard around 230 PM.

I will try your settings and advice for a week or two and see what happens.
Thank you

[Image: hjQDMDg.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
personal111,
if you right-click on the imgur image and select "Copy Image Location", you can paste that link using the "Insert an Image" feature.
Example (Using your image):
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hjQDMDg.jpg[/img]
[Image: hjQDMDg.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Edited my post, shows up on my end now.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You just received one Attaboy!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 97 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 138 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,034 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 468 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 583 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.