Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for help with OSCAR data
Looking for help with OSCAR data
I got my CPAP almost 2 weeks ago. I have had a few good nights, but my main problem is that I take my mask off in my sleep without knowing it. I started with the resmed airtouch f20 but now use the airfit f30i. 

I don't feel that much better. Can anyone tell me anything helpful from my results? TIA. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for help with OSCAR data
I am not one of the experts that might comment later but your settings are to low. Raise the min to 7 max to 10. That should help...
The most important is to sleep with the therapy all night (I know easier said than done) you just can't get better unless you use it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to agree with Staceyburke that your pressures are a little low it seems, your sleep report was only for 3 hrs 25 min  and it indicates that you having obstruction apnea and Hypopnea (partiallyl obstruction) so increasing a pressure should help you. Your AHI  numbers look good, but for a such a short sleep session how accurate are they?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the above but have an additional suggestion that you turn off ramp. At the setting of 4 you are probably a little starved for air and also, it delays effective therapy for 30 minutes. & 7 should not feel excessive.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 9 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.