Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Finally got my AHI back below 5
Finally got my AHI back below 5
Hi, first post here.

I've been lurking since February, to make a long story short, I only officially got tested in June, untreated AHI of 31, RDI of 56.

Started using cpap in Feb, as my father has the devices fully paid by his employer and was able to get a new one two years in, so I'm using his "old" machine with 2 years of use.

I got a sleep study done after a break of not using it in late may to get a proper AHI baseline etc...

I'm just curious if someone with a lot more experience can look over my stats and see if I'm going in the right direction. 

So far my main complaint is that my dreamwear isn't great with the undernose attachment, if it's not strapped in tight I get leaks, I may switch to the individual nostril gel pillow cushions as it would make the feel similar to my old P10 (which was great except for the hose lol).

(yes I should of gotten the proper P30I but my DME gave me the dreamwear with the cradle instead of pillows)

[attachment=13552][attachment=13553][attachment=13551]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally got my AHI back below 5
Welcome to the forum. You AHI is pretty good but there is probably room for improvement. We can better advise you if you present your sleepyhead data as described in the link below. Please delete the pie chart and eliminate the calendar as described in the link. It allows us to see more of your machine's data and settings. Also, the most important charts are event flags, flow rate, pressure (not mask pressure), leak rate, and flow limit. How do you feel?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Using your Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset at 10 to 18 pressure with what appears to be EPR 3, you are in the efficacy zone, but still experiencing 2.4 OA per hour. This looks pretty good. I'd like to see your graphs revised not to include the monthly calendar and pie chart so we can see the underlying data. The calendar minimizes using the triangle arrow in the date-line, and the pie chart can be turned off in the menu: File/Preferences/Appearance, and uncheck the pie chart. Be sure you are using the F12 screen capture function built into OSCAR.

I suspect you would benefit from some positional therapy to prevent chin-tucking as described in this wiki. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea Take a look at the wiki, and think about anything that might be promoting or allowing your chin to tuck toward your chest. This can obstruct the airway so that even relatively high pressure will not clear it. The periods from midnight to 01:00 and after 3:00 AM are what we would like to see all night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=13560]

Here is the re-arranged chart. I have been feeling quite well, my AHI was always under 5 with the p10, it's only gone up (to 5-10AHI) since the dreamwear switch (june), so i'm assuming some of it is getting used to it, fine tuning it's fit etc. The nasal gel pillow attachment should be here tomorrow, that may help.

So what I'm starting to understand is that some of my Hypopneas could possibly be caused by chin tucking or incorrect sleeping positions? I have a cpap pillow with openings on each side (hourglass shape) to breathe and have found that to already be a massive help. I typically fall asleep on my stomach and sometimes roll over during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a soft, thin down pillow and often pull it between my shoulder and chin, and it works a lot like the soft cervical collar. The problem is when you're asleep it is hard to know or be aware of a problem. Being comfortable is the biggest part of adapting to CPAP, and it sounds like you've got that down. Remaining comfortable is more important than getting 'great' numbers. My suggestions are based on the possibility that your sleep position relates to the obstructive events that remain.

Good job on the graph. We now see the details of respiration, settings and pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,037 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 522 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.