Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for input from more experienced users
Looking for input from more experienced users
I have been using the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV for about 10 years now. My main concern from the beginning has been waking up in the middle of the night and having difficulties falling back to sleep. I see my sleep doctor about every six months and he says my data looks good on paper, but I still wake up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. I now take a sleep prescription medication that helps me fall asleep, but still hoping for ways to improve the quality of my sleep and stay asleep throughout the night. I am attaching the charts from last night I saved from Oscar. Any feed back is appreciated. Thank you,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for input from more experienced users
I see possibly some positional apnea.  As most of us sleep, at times our chins will fall towards our chest, necessarily restricting the airway due to the more-than-normal bending.  This can cause spikes in pressure as the machine attempts to treat your troubled breathing.  If this might be the case, you should consider a soft cervical collar that fits just enough to keep your chin from moving toward your chest (most often on our backs, but not necessarily only on our backs).  Your nightly AHI says the current settings are good for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for input from more experienced users
Yep, very possible. I will give the soft cervical collar a try. Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,976 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 391 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Help interpreting OSCAR data - any input appreciated da123Afd 4 432 12-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: da123Afd
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,156 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 552 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  [CPAP] Input needed eugyoo2 20 1,318 09-17-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.