Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for medical or dental air compressor
Looking for medical or dental air compressor
Does anybody know where I might be able to find a small, medical or dental air compressor, as I would like to use one to dry my cpap hose after washing it. I am not sure if a regular oil-less air compressor would be safe to use that is why I am thinking of a medical or dental air compressor.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for medical or dental air compressor
A compressor is the wrong tool. You don't need much pressure, just volume. An old REMstar plush "legacy" brick CPAP is what I use. You could also just get a small fan and lay the end of the hose in front of it. If you want to get fancy, make some sort of duct to go in front of the fan to funnel air into the hose. Actually, a funnel of the right size could do a pretty good job, too.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2015, 03:20 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: Does anybody know where I might be able to find a small, medical or dental air compressor, as I would like to use one to dry my cpap hose after washing it. I am not sure if a regular oil-less air compressor would be safe to use that is why I am thinking of a medical or dental air compressor.

I have come to the conclusion after much quandary and researching drying my slimline hose that because it is used for humidification that whatever small amount of water left in the hose at bedtime will not be any problem as it will just turn into vapour and assist in the humidification.

However if you are convinced you need one, I had kind of decided the cheapest method to dry the hose was to buy an electric air bed pump from a very popular online web site which naming is against the rules. Usually can be had for anywhere between $12-20 USD.

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a home vacuum that has a HEPA filter and a blower outlet, you can it for drying.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2015, 09:13 AM)sgearhart Wrote: If you have a home vacuum that has a HEPA filter and a blower outlet, you can it for drying.

I would not recommend a home vacuum to blow through your CPAP hose. Regardless of the filter there is no nastier source of air. Every horrible piece of debris in your house, mostly from the floor, has fermented and blown through there. It would be much safer to use the hose without drying it.

Get a second hose and alternate them so they can just air dry.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hang the hose over the shower curtain rod. Dries in short order.
Post Reply Post Reply
This obsession with getting the hose absolutely dry is something I just don't get. There is always water in even the driest air, so presuming you could somehow get the inside of that hose completely dry it would soon be slightly wet anyway from condensation unless you somehow kept it hotter than the ambient air temperature all day long. It might not be wet enough to notice, but really you never touch anything that is completely dry as long as it is in our atmosphere.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Get a spare hose and alternate between the washes
Post Reply Post Reply
What zonk said.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a hair dryer/blower without the heat or just let the cpap do the job.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,740 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 959 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  My medical provider called me, they want to schedule my titration study. Should I go? Phil487 8 1,067 07-06-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Oral Dental Appliance RandomPilar 47 11,750 06-21-2023, 01:59 AM
Last Post: ZacMirror
  Dental Night Guard and Sleep Apnea RER9372 3 794 06-17-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.