Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for nasal mask advice, air (used to) blow out of my mouth under pressure
RE: Looking for nasal mask advice, air (used to) blow out of my mouth under pressure
I've found out that collar does work to keep the air passageway inside the mouth from opening. As a TMJ sufferer however, I can't have something pushing up on my jaw. The collar has to have enough width for it to be effective. If too short, it will cause mouth leakage.

I'm doing whatever I can to stay on nasal masks because full face masks will not work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for nasal mask advice, air (used to) blow out of my mouth under pressure
Try stopping mouth breathing using 3M Micropore tape.

Research  nasal breathing benefits - YouTube (Dr. Mark Burnenne). It really impressed me!
Post Reply Post Reply
exactly the same for me. After trying everything i have finally settled on a nasal mask with a chin strap (not tight - just for support) and mouth tape. Plus i use an awesome pregnancy pillow to keep me on my side. If you go into the success stories thread - i just posted in in more detail about my set up. One thing i found useful and might seem obvious, but try out all the changes and tweaks to pressure and mask fit during the day. Not when you're about to sleep. Doing it before bed just angried up my blood and most of the time and made it that much harder to chill and sleep. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,837 11 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 40 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 386 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 319 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.