Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

RE: Looking for new Machine
(02-13-2014 11:03 PM)bkushner Wrote:  Is there a way to connect two heated hoses together or is the only option for heated hose 6 feet?
I don,t think you can join two heated hoses together, there is a heating circuit embedded in the coil of the hose
02-14-2014 12:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
aj43 Offline

New Members

Machine: PRS1 560 Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Amara
Humidifier: PRS1 with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic EncoreViewer

Other Comments:

I have a "regular" hose with a cover connected to the mask end of my heated hose. Seems to work pretty good.
02-18-2014 08:23 PM
Zorki1c Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I have an S9 Autoset and bought a Remstar Pro M for travel and backup. I used a fixed pressure so the SP's autoset feature isn't a really big deal for me. The best feature it has that the Remstar Pro M doesn't have is the heated hose -- and it's more quiet. But the Remstar is a solid machine --probably built better than the S9 -- (although I have no way of reading its huge data card.) I started out with the P&K Icon and switched to the S9 because its menus aren't nearly as complicated.. I would go with the S9 Autoset and keep your other machine as backup.

"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
02-18-2014 08:35 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(02-13-2014 11:03 PM)bkushner Wrote:  Is there a way to connect two heated hoses together or is the only option for heated hose 6 feet?

You could could connect them together, but there would have to be electrical connectors as well, else the second hose would not be heated. And even if you could make the electrical connections, does the machine put out enough current to heat two hoses without blowing its internal electronics?

If you don't need the second hose heated then I bet you could connect them with a plastic pipe coupling from the home supply store. Failing that, there is always duck tape.
02-19-2014 03:52 PM
Steven C Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage SoftGel
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

(02-19-2014 03:52 PM)JJJ Wrote:  

You could could connect them together, but there would have to be electrical connectors as well, else the second hose would not be heated. And even if you could make the electrical connections, does the machine put out enough current to heat two hoses without blowing its internal electronics?

If you don't need the second hose heated then I bet you could connect them with a plastic pipe coupling from the home supply store. Failing that, there is always duck tape.

OR, one could just use one of those CPAP Hose Coupling Swivel Adapters.

Besides being able to add on another hose with one of these, the swivel adapter would also reduce the pull on the mask because the swivel adapter would be able to swivel the full 360 degrees.
02-19-2014 05:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,023 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 3,779 04-06-2014 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2