Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for new Machine
Looking for new Machine
I've been using a Philips Respironics M-Series REMstar Pro with Humidifier for about 5 years now. Looking to upgrade the machine.

This is an Autopap with C-Flex Technology and built in humidifier. Very happy with this machine but want to replace before it goes bad.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

brian

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for new Machine
Hi bkushner, welcome aboard
Both ResMed S9 AutoSet (not Escape Auto) and Phillips Respironcis System One Auto (PRS1) model number 560 are the best machines available, uses SD card, central apnea detection, heated hose option and supported by readily available software download from this board
S9 .... ResScan and SleepyHead
PRS1 ... EncoreBasic and SleepyHead

If you have no insurance, Supplier #2 have both machines, PRS1 machine is cheaper
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bkushner,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have had both Resmed and Respironics machines and they are both comprable but, for me, the Resmed S9Autoset is gentler, of course, YMMV, everyone is different.
Just make sure you get a data-capable machine when you get a new one.
Hang in there for suggestions. There is a thread here on the board to help you as to which machines to avoid and which machines are a better choice.
Edit: here is a link to which machines to avoid and which ones are a better choice. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ew-machine
Best of luck to you on your decision. End edit.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated hose is new to me. I assume this solves rainout on the hose? I've always used a hose cover with great success..

Oh I have Insurance so cost isn't an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
bkushner,

In response to other threads asking the same kind of question, I've written two rather detailed posts.

Here's the link to a synopsis of the features of the four most common types of PAPs out there: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...5#pid53845

And here's a rather detailed comparison of the Resmed S9 AutoSet and the Philips Resprionics Series 60 Sysetem One Auto CPAP, which is the successor of the M-Series machine you've been using: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...1#pid49331
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bkushner,

I have to agree with Zonk and Trish6hundred about either the Resmed S9 auto set or the Respironics 560P because of the full data capability's and the Free software for reading that data . I have a PR560p with heated hose that was my main machine till I switched to PR750 bipap auto . The 560p is now in the drawer under the bed as a backup machine . The M series wasn't that bad of a machine just sucked that it used the encore smart card for data and was very limited at that . By now you Know everyone has his or her machine that they like , Both the S9 and the PR560 are top of the line no right or wrong choice here . robysue posted a good link for machines to avoid .
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Question about the S60 Heated Tube option. Must you use a heated tube with this system? Is there a way to get heated tubing greater then 6 foot?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2014, 01:57 PM)bkushner Wrote: Question about the S60 Heated Tube option. Must you use a heated tube with this system? Is there a way to get heated tubing greater then 6 foot?
you can use the humidifier with or without the heated tube, the heated tube can only be used with proper humidifier lid and power supply (Supplier #1 provide good info about 60 series humidifier)

heated hose is only one size, they don,t make them any longer but the standard hose comes longer ... 8 or 10 feet
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a way to connect two heated hoses together or is the only option for heated hose 6 feet?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,169 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,792 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,756 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,250 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.