Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Latest SH Chart, wondering about Leak Rate
Latest SH Chart, wondering about Leak Rate
241 days into treatment.  Here's a summary and my chart from last night.  Anyone see anything to be concerned about?  Leak rate seems to be creeping up but I still don't understand what an acceptable rate is.  Thanks in advance.

https://imgur.com/a/tpIzL

https://imgur.com/a/a9x3s
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Latest SH Chart, wondering about Leak Rate
Looks great to me! I sometimes get results that low too. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See the red line across your leak rate chart.  When you cross that line you will see a LL event as a gray bar.  That is when leaks may need to be addressed.  Until then your machine has no problem compensating.

Your numbers are great, wanna trade?

The question is How do you feel?  At this stage that is the most important question.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I fell pretty good thanks.  I guess what I'm wondering is, when do you worry about being too far over the leak redline ... 1%, 5%, 10% of the time?  Or if you are over it at all is that when you need to make adjustments.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead Check out this link. Look up leaks. It gives a good overview.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
it depends.  The redline is not a magical line where your machine stops being effective.  If you are barely over you can go to a higher percentage (20-25%????), if you are way over i'd say 5-10% max, this usually says something is just not right and needs to be adjusted.

I have not seen guidelines on this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 77 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 11 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.