Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice on UARS and CPAP treatment
RE: Need advice on UARS and CPAP treatment
I just am having my cpap build into a bipap by someone who knows how to do it. Hope it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey @fishfinderG and @Jazst, any updates on your situation? I'm also doing the same journey - enlarged turbinates from allergic rhinitis, and am curious to see if you guys have found any improvements!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a lot of succes with unblocking my nose. I have to massage it for an hour, sounds long but i need it that long. many videos on this on youtube, like this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDQ0fZ7R...x=3&t=266s
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Silvia,

Does that improve your numbers and/or improve your symptoms the next day? Which massages do you do specifically?
Post Reply Post Reply
I stopped using bipap due to aerofaghia. But i discovered it has all to do with my nose being blocked. So now i do this massage everyday. Also chintuck against resistance (although this is not an official exercise for opening the nose, it does help me) and some other massages i found on youtube against blocked nose (youtubechannel motivationaldoc but also others). I can feel it opening up during the massages. So now I know exactly how it feels when it is more blocked or open.

And no more milkproducts, I can feel it closing in a few hours after I consume milkproducts.But for you the allergies might be different so get to know your body.

Try for a few days massaging the hell out of it, maybe it takes you a few hours every day in the beginning. But do it when you watch tv or are on the computer so it will not take extra time for you. If you feel it opening up a little, that will show you it can be done.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fluticasone helps. High humidity is also important. I’m still figuring out what is best for me, but in the meantime I’m focusing on my throat issues (gerd and an autoimmune thing) since that might be waking me up and contributing to my nose issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,830 7 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 91 11 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 988 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 58 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.