Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for some help - almost 5 years and not feeling a lot better
RE: Looking for some help - almost 5 years and not feeling a lot better
I can only address that if the room humidity is low like that, it will take lots of water from the humidifier. I think 35% is on the low side of normal/acceptable humidity.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some progress has been made.  Have been at the same settings for 21 days now.  The AHI trend is still downward Smile.  Generally speaking, I feel pretty good now.

Seem to be incredibly sensitive to AHI, in terms of feeling well.  Here is a graph of my AHI and some annotation on how I felt.  Although the sum of AHI plus the UF2 index is not fully descriptive of how I feel, it isn't a bad proxy for it either.

My replacement machine has not arrived yet.  The post office is taking it's time delivering it.  (It's a week late now.)  My current VAuto has a fault with both the heater and the humidifier circuits.  So I am soldiering along without any humidification.  I have put water in the tank for some passive humidification, but I am waking up feeling dehydrated.  The relative humidity is pretty low, 16-24%.  We are in the midst of the heating season.  Last night was 2F.  I have located a humidifier and will attempt to get it working in the bedroom.  Maybe that will help some.

The headaches I complained of, at the start of this long thread, have greatly subsided.  Even on 30 Nov, the bad headache was only a bad headache, not migraine like.  The dancing elephants on my temples have gone away.  This makes me happy.  My quality of life has improved.  Thank you all for helping make this possible.  Thanks for giving me the confidence to make a positive change in the treatment of my apnea.  I'm so pleased with the VAuto, it's responsible for my transformation from a tired, somewhat taciturn, fellow into a more energetic and happy person again!   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like your method of tracking both event rates and how you feel. Genius! Don't hesitate to start with warm water in the humidifier. It will cool as the night goes on, but should give you a better start on passive humidification.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, I just had an issue with a seller of a product that the USPS tracking showed the package as scanned into USPS Tracking but sat "Pending" at the IL post office or warehouse for over a week at the beginning of Dec. I got on USPS complaint/whatever similar webform to have USPS find out why package isn't at the house delivered. It caused an auto reply email to say they're investigating, then I responded back via email that the original complaint didn't convey my issue clear or directly, as it seemed I was complaining about my local PO. Then a day later a supervisor at my local PO called. He and I discussed the issue, me stating no issue with USPS period, but the seller. I stated I'd felt like my purchase was morphing into a scam as it tracked as not moving and in pending status for days. I also called my bank and stated I'd like a dispute of the transaction which they did. And the resolution with USPS local, the supervisor sticky noted my carrier to process an immediate return of package as refused/return. She did it as soon as it hit Greencastle PO.

The point is call and light a fire under someone. Your package may be sitting in limbo for a long time unless you act.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW happydreams that chart looks like a roadmap of Washington, D.C.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider.  Thanks.  :blush: I was struggling to even convey to myself how I was doing.  I plotted the results and added comments that I had previously entered in OSCAR.  What I like the best are the trend lines, which, at the moment, show that there's some progress being made, even at the same setting.  Guess the body is still adjusting to things.

I will try the warm water idea.  That should help some.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW now we only have about 120 or so degrees hot water here at Mom's but I've ran hot water into my ASV tub and ran it for the night that way with no ill effects to ASV parts.
Post Reply Post Reply
@SarcasticDave94, I've reported the package as being late to the USPS.  (5 days) It will hopefully show up soon.  It was reported as medical equipment with a stated value.  I have received an acknowledgement email from USPS.  

At the moment it is only 30 minutes away, but I can't get it.  It's now been there for 3 days.  Why it was sent to my city and then shipped to another city 20 miles away from me, I don't know.  

So it's not the vendor.  And it's not the local Post Office or carrier...
Post Reply Post Reply
No clue there, but USPS does odd actions, but no surprise as they are Fed. Government based. Here in Franklin County PA, our mail would go to Chambersburg, the count seat and largest town/city in our county. It used to be that even our local Greencastle office would separate "in town" mail and send it out direct. Later it had to go to the Chambersburg main post office where local was sent on its way. Now of course Big Gov has to re-arrange it further. Local to Harrisburg the capitol and then back. So if for some silly reason I want to send my nextdoor neighbor a birthday card, it goes from our rural mailbox to Greencastle PO then to Harrisburg 75 miles away then returns to Greencastle and out to my neighbors rural box that is 50 feet away from my mailbox! Big Gov non-think makes my head hurt!
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally got the replacement machine.  It was delivered on Christmas Eve.  Thank you USPS.   All I can say is the humidifier and climateline seem to work better.  

But the machine behaves different, from the old one.  My leak rate is less - and my AHI is worse.  Can't decide if it's just calibrated differently, or it's not as aggressive as the first VAuto.  (Median leak rate new=0, vs, old=11, same mask.) The machine seems to have a different personality.  AHI is up and all day headaches are back.  This is at the same settings that I have had for the last 29 days.  A bit discouraged at the moment.

I'm wearing a soft collar.  This morning I noticed my neck felt a little sore, and almost choked.  Maybe I tightened it too much last night?  It was loose in the evening.  Also noticed I've had more congestion or post nasal flow this past week.  I take cetirizine for this.  Maybe the meds are duds or placebos?  This last batch of cetirizine came from A*n and it was old stock.  Was irritated about this, since there's no recourse to send it back.

So is the course of action to raise PS a little and IPAPmax to help drive down events?  After 5 days of increasing feeling worse, it's hard to stay objective.  

New machine.  Feeling worse.  Need help to get better.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,016 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 679 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 307 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.