Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for some help - almost 5 years and not feeling a lot better
RE: Looking for some help - almost 5 years and not feeling a lot better
I don't see any issues with the settings. Do you have an SD card in the PAP to save sleep session data? It cannot be saved afterwards. In case SD info wasn't mentioned prior, it needs to be any brand of SD card, in standard SD or SDHC, 2-32GB capacity, formatted in FAT32 with no other data but the PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put in a new formatted SD card, so hopefully it's all ready for tonight.

Even remembered to change the hose setting to match what I have.  (Old fashioned, fat hose.)  Is the slim line hose quieter, by any chance?  Surprisingly to me, Supplier #2 sent me both a ClimateLine hose and a slim line with the machine.  Thought that was a nice bonus.  I'll try the climateline out later in the winter when there's more chance of rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think slimline to be quieter, but lighter. So it doesn't pull against the mask more than a standard one. That is a great bonus to have the other hoses. Try all if you so choose. Maybe one is better for you in some way. And yes ClimateLine will be useful if/when you use higher humidity levels.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using a hose lift, or whatever you call that skyhook thing. Helps out a lot with tugging on your face. Also if there's some condensation, it runs back to the machine.

But lighter is good! I'll try the slimline when it's time to replace the fat hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankfully, last night was the last on my old Respironics 560. Had all kinds of events. Dragging today. Out of desperation, 10 days ago I had raised the min pressure to 10. Machine seems to be ineffective in making my quality of life better. Glad I'm moving on to a different PAP machine and algorithm.

Looking forward to some improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
The hose typically will last a few years if it's not damaged physically. Even the ClimateLine can be washed. I've only used heated hoses on my ASV. I've had this since fall of 2017 but had to shelve the ASV late last year due to incompatible therapy with my COPD. So that is 3 definite years on one heated hose.

Possible good idea is to collect 1 spare of all supplies except filters. You should either try to wash it out or replace monthly if standard amount of dust in your home. If more, replace the filter more frequent. All the other stuff, hoses, humidifier tub, and some mask part, will last a lot longer than DME will tell us. But if you can get 1 extra of everything, you can swap out something in an emergency, you know the thing that breaks at 3 AM on Sunday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the results are in.  Not so good.  14:08 in apnea.  Wasn't expecting a miracle for the first night, although it might have been nice.  My worst PAP AHI ever.  What's odd about them are they are totally dominated by CA.  (56 CA, 2 H, 4 OA, 14 UF2)  Haven't had that before.  

The ResMed feels totally different.  At first I wasn't even sure it was on.  It's a totally different sensation.  The Respironics inflated my mask, lifting it up, whereas the ResMed only slightly lifts the mask.  Another difference is the breathing sensation.  With the bi-level its real easy to exhale.  On inhalation, the ResMed sort of seems to start slow and then increases pressure almost inflating my lungs.  I felt like I'd be very well oxygenated.  Indeed, this morning I have no headache.  Instead, I'm just dragging a bit.  Don't feel refreshed at all, but I'd guess that's because of all the CA's interrupting my sleep.  It took 30 minutes for me to fall asleep which is unusually long for me.  Just not used to the machine yet.  Also, at least by observing my respiration rate, I never reached a deeper stage of sleep - there's no elevated rates. 

Hoping that there's a solution to all the centrals.  Here's the big picture, please let me know what detailed views you need.
[attachment=27574]
Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad. Higher PS will tend to produce higher centrals in those sensitive to their CO2 levels, such as lucky you.

One change, set your PS=3

We can tweak PS ,2 at a time so if we choose to raise it we will go slower
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucky me?  Won the CO2 lottery!  Not the lottery I was hoping to win...

Yes, I'll turn down the PS to 3.0.  I'll do that this morning.  Hope that will drop the CA rate to a tolerable level.

Noticed that the CA's were strongly correlated with leak rate changes.  Whenever the leak rate changed there seemed to be a lot of centrals.  Centrals were uncommon for regions of zero leak rate change.   

Another interesting item is the morphology of the flow rate waveform seems different.  The ResMed seems to get me much smoother inspiry peaks, they are a lot more rounded and occur most of the time.  The Respironics didn't do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I quickly scanned your previous posts and didn't pick up on what your "Trigger" setting is. If you don't have it set to "Very High", please try that. I went from moderate CA's on Medium, to a few on High, to no CA's on Very High.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 261 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 181 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 681 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.