Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for some help - almost 5 years and not feeling a lot better
RE: Looking for some help - almost 5 years and not feeling a lot better
Knowing that you have flow limitations, is the reason that it is going to the limit in pressure. Until you can get your PS high enough to reduce them below .2 (I think) the pressure will always go up to the limit.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed.  Around PS=4.4 is when the flow limits seemed to be capped at 0.25.  But at 10-15.4 I had a lot of aerophagia.  It was uncomfortable, and my lungs/chest became sore.  Actually, my lungs still are sore.  So it may take a while for them to calm down.

So the idea is to slowly creep up on PS from the current value of 3.4 to 4.4 over many days or weeks.  And to stay comfortable while doing it...  Seems like a plan?
Post Reply Post Reply
They are probably not accustomed to all the exercise. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A gradual increase in PS is very likely a good idea for you so you can do the increase and get used to slight adjustments over time. As for FL, I think it seems most of the forum users tend to get sleep disturbances if we see OSCAR data on the FL chart at .25 and higher. I have it in mind that the FL .25 is the threshold of OK vs disturbed sleeping.

On the aerophagia, it should diminish with the more treatment time you put in. This isn't on a daily period of time, but rather you've been on PAP X weeks or months as in a bit more long term time scope, it that makes sense. I don't recall making adjustments to my therapy pressures to get the aerophagia resolved, but I chose positional changes that minimized the negative effects, and they seemed effective for me. This diminished after week 1 and seemed to be very minimal at around 2 weeks for me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try using an elevated PS while awake. That way you are aware of swallowing air and can try overcoming it.

A big downside to having aerophagia/flatulence is you can't sneak up on your wife. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
it's worth a try but from what I've read, pressure won't relieve palatal prolapse. I'll be he contrarian here: I'd keep max ps and ipap as low as you can for comfort and to avoid aerophagia. while there's no harm in trying different settings, I'd stay with what's working for you until/unless the wheels fall off at these settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
@sheepless, at the moment, I fully agree.  I'm going to park these settings and let them continue with their magic.  Hopefully I don't need to change anything for quite some time.  Rather liking how it feels now, so let me dwell here a while. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You have permission to "dwell here for a while".

I'll fax the "script" to do so. Keep a copy in your personal file that hopefully is not file 13. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is so much talent and desire to help on Apnea Board, and every problem has a mentor with experience that can help. This is the reason I "nudged" you back onto the forum. I don't pretend to be the best source for every problem and you have found what you needed among our many talented contributors. I have learned not to consult privately, because everything works better when you get the collective thoughts of the forum. I'm really glad that you got the help you needed...but 25 pages, wow!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Most of it has been dogged persistence on my part.  Just wanting to get better.  Not giving up, although the urge was strong.  It's been a struggle.  I can say things are a lot better now.  Really grateful for the help.

Hope in some small way that I can give back and help others get further along in their apnea journey.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 261 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 180 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,019 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 681 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.