Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for suggestions, Heart problem with CPAP ?
Question 

First off thank you in advance for reading this.

I am new to using the cpap data and have seen what I assumed a data problem. I dismissed it as nothing. I wanted to get more information so as suggested I got a recording oximeter.

Using Sleepyhead to combine both machines data it looks like they both show an event. I think that it may not be something to dismiss. The events are not on every days chart and they are not always the same. What I first saw was a pulse rate over 200. Adding the oxygen information that drops into the 60's made me take more interest. The pules goes away for about 30 seconds then returns at a very slow beat for another 30 seconds before returning to a normal rate. I am going to take this information to my doctor in the morning but I was hoping that you might offer some ideas.

I am not alb to send a screen shot yet. I will when I can.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for suggestions, Heart problem with CPAP ?
Keeping in mind, I am not a doctor, it sounds like episodes of either afib or Vtach.
You likely need to be on a 24 hour Holter monitor to record your EKG over a day/night.
Or, it could be "SSS" Sick Sinus Syndrome. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sick_sinus_syndrome

Then again, it could just be an artifact of your oximeter.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your cardiologist will be very interested in your findings. keep us posted.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
I got a visit set up for Tuesday. It was the soonest time I could get. I will let you know the outcome.

Post Reply Post Reply
I saw the lung doctor today. He looked at the charts from Sleepyhead and sent me to get set up for a Holter monitor as this form suggested. He also set up a "Sniff test" to check for other problems. I will try to keep you folks up to date.

Thanks for all the great information.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had to look up sniff test...
"The sniff test is a fluoroscopic exam used to evaluate whether the diaphragm (the muscle that controls breathing) moves in the proper direction during various maneuvers including normal breathing and while rapidly inhaling."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking that was like a cat scan (as opposed to a CAT scan).

Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 324 5 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 525 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 930 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 160 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 189 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,889 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 257 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.