Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX
Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX
If I am in between small and medium with DreamWear frames, can somebody give me an educated guess as to what size frame I would need with Swift FX?

With the DreamWear I have been using (unsuccessfully), I started with a medium frame, purchased on the internet, and thought it was a little too large. I went down the road for a fitting, and was told I needed a small frame. But the small frame wants to sit on my hairline instead of on the top of my head. I suspect I need something in between.

There are other issues with the DreamWear. The headstrap (on both size frames) intrudes on my ear instead of  staying superior to my ear as the ad pix shows. The original style headstrap slides around on my head. The new angled headstrap stays in place better but has additional uncomfortable bumps. I get so many large leaks I am not getting any real therapy.

I think I will try the Swift FX next, since it has an adjustable frame. But still it comes in lots of frame sizes. Can anybody give me an educated guess, given my experience with DreamWear, as to whether I need the "For Her" version with Swift FX, and what size (small, medium?) would be best?

I could go back to the brick & mortar place, but they did not hit the mark with the DreamWear purchase. They did a quick fit with me sitting in a chair, and I thought their recommendation would work, but it doesn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX
I used the Swift FX for many years before switching the the Airfit P10. I don't know why you would not go directly to the Airfit P10 which comes with a fit kit with 3 different pillow sizes. The Airfit P10 For Her comes with a smaller headgear and XS, S and M nasal pillows. The regular version has a slightly larger headgear and comes with S, M and L nasal pillows. The main difference is that the Airfit is much quieter than the FX which exhausts a stream of air from the elbow in front of the mask frame, and the headgear is softer and more minimal. The Airfit exhausts through a mesh built into the frame and is barely perceptible. I would not happily go back to the FX which shot a stream of cold air at my wife or wherever it was aiming.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the idea of minimal gear for comfort, but I was concerned that the AirFit P10 would not stay in place, since I have learned that I have "slippery hair." If anybody out there has fine hair and successfully uses the AirFit P10, I'd love to hear from you. That would encourage me to give it a try.

At present I am using a cotton kerchief over my head to try to reduce slippage with the DreamWear headgear. That helps some, but not enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
For years, anything else you would like to know. My hair is thin and acts like roller bearings at times. and if I slide down the pillow I may have to re-adjust the straps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Knightsbridge double chin strap has one of the best headgear setups, even if you don't use the chin strap. I have heard of women using a ponytail through the straps on the P10, and of course, just dividing the straps so the rest on top and behind your head will work fine, with slippery or no hair. It's a challenge, and I'm sure someone on the forum has dealt with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 294 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 473 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Hose [size difference] Johnboy 10 3,787 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 677 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  Side sleeping / face frame masks taylorgtr 12 1,556 06-07-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.