Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in
RE: Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in
I hear the air in either a 12mm or 15mm hose, but each has a different character. It's not loud at all, but I hear it more clearly with my quieter machine. 12mm is really too small IMHO, but even stepping up to 19mm (if your machine supports that) may change the sound enough to make it less noticeable.

Also, changing the length may help, even for the same size tubing, by shifting the resonance(s) to a different frequency range.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in
If you are talking about the sound of air traveling in the tube and mask, a bigger hose diameter (22mm) will produce less noise because the air has less velocity inside it. At the mask try choosing a mask that has less curves and restrains for the air flow. And check the air leaking from the mask. Sometimes smaller vents cause more noise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 27 615 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 148 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 127 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 141 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 487 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 352 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 213 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.