Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in
RE: Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in
My AirSense 10 AutoSet is as quiet as can be. Literally no noise from it at all. I don't get any noise from my hose either as I breathe. I do get some from my mask, but it doesn't bother me at all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(07-06-2019, 06:35 PM)vroomvroom Wrote: I like silence in my room when I sleep (or a constant hum like a white noise machine), so the sound of the air going through the tube when I'm inhaling (which is an on-off-on-off sound) can get a bit annoying because it will cause me to focus on the sound. 

What can I do to minimize the noise? 

Would something like a hose cover (like a snugglehose) or something help dampen the sound or not really? I know there are additional benefits to a hose cover like preventing rainouts (still not 100% sure what those are) and maybe the air temperature will stay warmer/more consistent.

I don't use the same mask; mine is an N20 nasal type with the vent directly in front of my nose.  It could be that your noise problem is caused not by the tube air but by the air rushing out of the diffuser/vent.  The only time my 'hose' gets noisy enough to intrude is when the vent is close to my pillow or nearly obstructed due to some other obstacle (hand, forearm...) and the air venting must accelerate to escape under the pressure behind it.  That causes vibrations and more noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
What @mesenteria said.

I have not used that mask either. Are you sure it is not your mask? Have you tried other masks? Are the noises more/less?

Some masks are definitely noisier than others.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very sensitive to sound.

Since you said you don't mind white noise, I'd recommend upping your white noise to a volume that allows you not to hear the machine. That works well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(07-10-2019, 08:16 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I'm very sensitive to sound.

Since you said you don't mind white noise, I'd recommend upping your white noise to a volume that allows you not to hear the machine. That works well for me.

Yup! Me, too.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK guys, I think I figured it out. 

Because I have my hose on a HoseBuddy, it's not likely the hose making the air whooshing sounds. I believe it is the little tube that connects my mask to the large hose.

Is there a cover made for the little hose instead? 

I covered my diffuser to see if that would reduce noise, and no real benefit, so I think it must be the air rushing by the little tube.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android Apps that measure breathing? camper2 14 424 08-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Blazing Black Beard
  [Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30 Catherine101 33 2,491 08-20-2019, 02:24 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Breathing Issues mike3764 5 223 07-25-2019, 11:16 AM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Clicking noise from CPAP when breathing Fedman 10 5,068 07-24-2019, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Fedman
  F20 (& F30) Elbow - Quiet vs not? Hydrangea 13 520 07-07-2019, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Question Cleaning of the tubing - how/how often do you do it? Beamrider 19 695 07-07-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Beamrider
  [CPAP] Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device? lech 180 3,805 07-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: lech

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.