Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking up finally..
After many a days of fiddling with my cpap machine and masks, I've finally learned to sleep with it. I've had about a weeks worth of sleeping with my cpap machine.

I haven't downloaded any data to use with any third party app yet. But from my machine I could see my event is only 1.3AHi. Does that mean I don't have sleep apnea? I've read everywhere it's normal if it's less than 5.

Or am I wrong thinking that the machine has brought my sleep apnea to the normal rate? I couldn't understand what the sleep study result was but I was waking up a lot of the times hence the reason why I started on the cpap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is generally considered that an AHI below 5 is termed "Treated", not cured. I'm unaware of a total cure. . . except death.

Post Reply Post Reply
5-15 is a pretty big range for your pressure setting... If you find it hard to breath at the start, it is because of the lower 5 setting.

Post Reply Post Reply

What sgearhart said Agreed
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just to expand on what the others have said... An AHI of 1.3 means that your machine is successfully preventing apneas, and you're only experiencing a very low number of events. If you stop using the machine, your AHI will jump back to whatever it was before you started treatment. A lot of people see a low AHI on the machine and think their apnea has magically gone away - unfortunately that's not the case. The good news is that the machine will allow you to sleep without experiencing too many apneas and your health will be much better for it.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. I got it. I'm cured only with the machine turned on. Least I don't have to visit my sleep dr anymore.

My current setting is 8-12. Didn't update my profile.

Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Octodaddy,
It's great to hear that things are finally looking up for you, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Got my home study results....finally jds2001 6 658 01-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [CPAP] Finally got my machine Skittles3350 12 730 09-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  finally first night of success jxyzobrien 5 564 08-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Finally Got My Backup!! Mosquitobait 3 704 08-16-2016, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Finally! Somebody is posting a battery/DC power thread to ApneaBoard! OMyMyOHellYes 3 1,063 06-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Think I finally have things figured out wxmcpo 9 744 06-28-2016, 06:11 AM
Last Post: green wings
  Finally got results from sleep study jen61 3 707 06-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Last Post: shawn42