Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking up finally..
Looking up finally..
After many a days of fiddling with my cpap machine and masks, I've finally learned to sleep with it. I've had about a weeks worth of sleeping with my cpap machine.

I haven't downloaded any data to use with any third party app yet. But from my machine I could see my event is only 1.3AHi. Does that mean I don't have sleep apnea? I've read everywhere it's normal if it's less than 5.

Or am I wrong thinking that the machine has brought my sleep apnea to the normal rate? I couldn't understand what the sleep study result was but I was waking up a lot of the times hence the reason why I started on the cpap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking up finally..
It is generally considered that an AHI below 5 is termed "Treated", not cured. I'm unaware of a total cure. . . except death.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
5-15 is a pretty big range for your pressure setting... If you find it hard to breath at the start, it is because of the lower 5 setting.

Post Reply Post Reply
What sgearhart said Agreed
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to expand on what the others have said... An AHI of 1.3 means that your machine is successfully preventing apneas, and you're only experiencing a very low number of events. If you stop using the machine, your AHI will jump back to whatever it was before you started treatment. A lot of people see a low AHI on the machine and think their apnea has magically gone away - unfortunately that's not the case. The good news is that the machine will allow you to sleep without experiencing too many apneas and your health will be much better for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. I got it. I'm cured only with the machine turned on. Least I don't have to visit my sleep dr anymore.

My current setting is 8-12. Didn't update my profile.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Octodaddy,
It's great to hear that things are finally looking up for you, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,039 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 460 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,376 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 529 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123
  QAL finally got an AirSense 10, completely new but smells like bubblegum. quiescence at last 0 440 04-23-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Finally getting used to CPAP but still waking up alot Tcp84 3 668 03-17-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Finally got my replacement cpap, what do I need to know ruthcatrin 2 591 02-02-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ruthcatrin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.