Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night
Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night
Does anyone know why this would be happening?    I turn my machine on and go to bed,  I am up once a night, maybe twice and I turn it off at those times.   Yet when I look at my readings they now are showing many "session" breaks in a night.   Last night the first 2.5 hrs it shows the machine off more than on.   I have checked all the electrical connections.  Below are oscar screen captures from last night.  Look at flow rate and session times

Any insight is greatly appreciated.   Oh,  this machine is 8 months old. Resmed airsense 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night
Your screenshot did not post correctly. Try editing your post and post it again.
MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.5) | OSCAR v1.4.0 | VM = Win10 (19043.1446) |
An Apnea Board Monitor (ABM) is a member of the Apnea Board Forum who volunteers to help watch the forum, and keep things running smoothly.
Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching images and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR Data Interpretation
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Jeff,  I think it is corrected now
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!

I have a ResMed S10 *for her* machine.  I used to have it set so that when I had my mask on and was breathing my machine would start automatically; when I took the mask off it would shut off.  I had instances where the machine shut off.

I turned off that feature.  Now I turn my macine on manually when I'm ready; I turn the machine off when I wish to.

I haven't had my machine turn off at all since then.

I hope this helps
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still learning!

ResMed N20; ResMed P30i modified headgear; F&P Evora Full FFM

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thank you Dave!    I turned off the smart start,  will see how things go tonight. 

Denise
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2021, 02:10 PM)piratekitty Wrote: Thank you Jeff,  I think it is corrected now

Yes, looks fine now.

If you have the "auto start" feature turned on, try turning it off. Sorry, dave beat me to it.

Also, have a look at the link in my signature for organizing your charts.  It will give us more info to work with.
MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.5) | OSCAR v1.4.0 | VM = Win10 (19043.1446) |
An Apnea Board Monitor (ABM) is a member of the Apnea Board Forum who volunteers to help watch the forum, and keep things running smoothly.
Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching images and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR Data Interpretation
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you again Jeff,  I have that corrected now too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Post your corrected charts because it looked like you need adjustments
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2021, 02:16 PM)piratekitty Wrote: Thank you Dave!    I turned off the smart start,  will see how things go tonight. 

Denise
Please let me know how that works for you.

And have a good night's sleep!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still learning!

ResMed N20; ResMed P30i modified headgear; F&P Evora Full FFM

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I think these should show the correct info.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 248 219,982 Yesterday, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Jonah
  AirSense 11 Turning Off Humidifier? CChamp 3 408 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 397 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Newbie - Stuffy nose turning me into mouth breather Bert S 16 1,069 10-15-2021, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Bert S
  Stuff up nose at night, old machine? duece12345 5 907 10-13-2021, 10:17 AM
Last Post: allistairt
  Filters turning black? RosieB08 11 1,940 08-12-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  WTH? Last night something happened that caused my machine to shut itself off? cathyf 50 1,912 07-07-2021, 05:37 PM
Last Post: cathyf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.