Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night
RE: Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night
Seeing your large leak events, I'm willing to bet that the Smart Start option is turning off your AS10. Based off your post above, this should now stop the problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I  have periods of mouth breathing that cause the large leaks,  but a full face mask doesn't work well for me.   My leaks go down,  but my AHI triples and I feel like I am smothered.   I will report back tomorrow and hopefully,  no more on/off all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to see the lower-left corner of the Daily page where it lists the sessions.

How old is your machine?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
your flow limits look pretty bad, to the point of being disruptive.
minimize the calendar turn off the piechart or use F12 to take the screenshot so we can see your stats

try setting EPR=2, fulltime and repost per above.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2021, 04:28 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I'd like to see the lower-left corner of the Daily page where it lists the sessions.

How old is your machine?

Hello Guy,   The machine is only 8 months old,  purchased mid April 2021.

Attached is part of the session times,  there is about this many more for last night

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is definitely turning off upon detection of large leak and restarting when it detects breathing. You need to be sure SmartStart is OFF. Your profile shows a Dreamstation and Dreamwear nasal mask. You may want to update the profile in the User CP (link at top right of page) and let us know in this thread what you are using. Leaks are bad, and lots of flow limits as Gideon noted. You are going to do better with EPR at 3 and of course fix the leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for your insight! No machine turn offs last night. Still have leak issues, but that is my mask. I have some additional things to try for that.

I have the EPR at 2 and will increase to 3. Have also had my wife design a liner for my nasal cushion so it doesn't get raw under my nose. Will tighten up the mask and see how it goes tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,053 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 577 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 869 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 920 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 802 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,617 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 471 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.