Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night
Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night
Does anyone know why this would be happening?    I turn my machine on and go to bed,  I am up once a night, maybe twice and I turn it off at those times.   Yet when I look at my readings they now are showing many "session" breaks in a night.   Last night the first 2.5 hrs it shows the machine off more than on.   I have checked all the electrical connections.  Below are oscar screen captures from last night.  Look at flow rate and session times

Any insight is greatly appreciated.   Oh,  this machine is 8 months old. Resmed airsense 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night
Your screenshot did not post correctly. Try editing your post and post it again.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Jeff,  I think it is corrected now
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!

I have a ResMed S10 *for her* machine.  I used to have it set so that when I had my mask on and was breathing my machine would start automatically; when I took the mask off it would shut off.  I had instances where the machine shut off.

I turned off that feature.  Now I turn my macine on manually when I'm ready; I turn the machine off when I wish to.

I haven't had my machine turn off at all since then.

I hope this helps
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave!    I turned off the smart start,  will see how things go tonight. 

Denise
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2021, 02:10 PM)piratekitty Wrote: Thank you Jeff,  I think it is corrected now

Yes, looks fine now.

If you have the "auto start" feature turned on, try turning it off. Sorry, dave beat me to it.

Also, have a look at the link in my signature for organizing your charts.  It will give us more info to work with.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you again Jeff,  I have that corrected now too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post your corrected charts because it looked like you need adjustments
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2021, 02:16 PM)piratekitty Wrote: Thank you Dave!    I turned off the smart start,  will see how things go tonight. 

Denise
Please let me know how that works for you.

And have a good night's sleep!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I think these should show the correct info.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,151 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 555 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 786 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,486 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 447 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.