Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
RE: Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
okrobie,
As Paula stated in above post, the numbers to gauge are the medium and 95% numbers.
If your not using sleepyhead software yet, then keep a log and keep note of these numbers.

Watch your data for a minimum of 10 days or more.

Example: If your 90% pressure number is 10, that means you were at a pressure of 10 and under for 90% of the night.

Eventually, you can zero in on a pressure range based on the medium and 90% numbers. You will know by your AHI and more important is how you feel.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OpalRose, here is a screenshot of last night's results. Please help me interpret. Thanks, Jim

[attachment=1897]

Hmmm... looks like I don't know how to make an attachment.
Post Reply Post Reply
okrobie,
For some reason, unable to click on.

Try again, here are instructions

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...elp&hid=19
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OpalRose, here is a screenshot of last night's results. Please help me interpret. Thanks, Jim

I think I'm too new to post images. I'll type in the numbers.

AI: 11.5
HI: 1.2
AHI: 12.7

Leak
Median 30
95th 139.2
Max 180

Pressure
Median 8.3
95th 11.6
Max 12.9

Post Reply Post Reply
okrobie,
Your AI is 11.5. What is the breakdown of the AI?

The AI includes Obstructives and Centrals (clear airway).
I am looking to see how many Clear Airways you have and how many Obstructives.

The APAP will not raise pressure in response to CA's and cannot treat them.

On the other hand, if you have more Obstructives, then your minimum pressure can be raised to treat those. Hope I'm not confusing you. Wink

Also, watch your leak rate. Are you mouth breathing, or mabye your mask isn't fitting properly.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OpalRose, here are the rest of the numbers.
What can I do to improve my Leakage numbers? I don't know if they are high or low. Thanks, Jim

Obstructive 2.5
Central 1.2
Unknown 7.7
Post Reply Post Reply
They are far too high. You want that number at about 24 or less. With leak rate that high, the numbers are almost useless. That's why you have so many "unknown" events. The machine can't tell what you are doing because the leak is too high.

You have a full face mask? Which one? Have you tried any other? Do you use a full face mask because your mouth opens in your sleep? Consider getting a nasal mask or nasal pillows and using a chin strap instead. If your mouth is not opening and you're using a full face mask "just in case", switch masks anyway.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2015, 10:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: - Take a little notebook and put by your machine. Write down the changes you make and when.
If you use SleepyHead then it will keep track of changes to the machine pressure setup for you (assuming you download the dataregularly).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 10:30 PM)cpetku Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 10:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: - Take a little notebook and put by your machine. Write down the changes you make and when.
If you use SleepyHead then it will keep track of changes to the machine pressure setup for you (assuming you download the dataregularly).

cpetku, yes, that's true, Sleepyhead records all changes, but it can't tell how you feel after making those changes. That is the reason for keeping a log.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear that last night was better! Thumbs-up-2

On those leaks, just to give you an idea, my median tends to run around 2-3 on a bad night, and I will go for many nights in a row with a median of zero.

From reading the forum, I'm sure you know by now that the hardest part of this whole thing is finding the right mask system for you. Possibly, you haven't found yours yet. Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 470 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 671 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.