Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
RE: Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
Well, there is good news and bad. The bad is that I unconsciously took off my mask after 1:35 hours. That may be because in an effort to reduce leakage I tightened the headgear and it may have been bothering me.

The good news is that during that short interval, my leakage came down to 18. I guess that's good news since it's an improvement.

Here is a screenshot of my results:
Thanks for any and all feedback...
P.S. I increased my pressure max to 15 (My bad)
[Image: 11-19-15.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated prior, your leak rate is too high, and we still don't know what the "unknown" events are.
As long as the leak rate is high, the AHI is suspect.

Your report shows only 1.35 hrs used??

I think your starting pressure is too low, but can't make recommendations with a high leak rate.

Overtightening a mask can be as bad as leaving too loose. Try to determine if your mask is not fitting properly or you are mouth breathing.

Why not trial a nasal mask or a nasal pillow mask, or the new Dreamwear mask?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OpalRose, thanks for your observations. I don't have the kind of budget that will allow me to "try" various options. For the time being, I'll need to work with what I have. I did recently buy a new cushion for the mask I have and It seems to have made an improvement. I have looked at old data which was using CPAP mode, and the leakage seems to be worse now that I am on APAP mode. The CPAP fixed pressure was set at 8cmH2O so the pressure on APAP now is quite a bit higher. Would that account for more leakage? Thanks again, Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2015, 10:22 AM)okrobie Wrote: ...I have looked at old data which was using CPAP mode, and the leakage seems to be worse now that I am on APAP mode. The CPAP fixed pressure was set at 8cmH2O so the pressure on APAP now is quite a bit higher. Would that account for more leakage? Thanks again, Jim

It can. Often people adjust their mask at starting pressure, and then it leaks with increased pressure. I note you're getting up to your 15 max; that can be more difficult to keep a seal. But, I manage it at 18.. so, it can be done.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 10:35 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 10:30 PM)cpetku Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 10:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: - Take a little notebook and put by your machine. Write down the changes you make and when.
If you use SleepyHead then it will keep track of changes to the machine pressure setup for you (assuming you download the dataregularly).

cpetku, yes, that's true, Sleepyhead records all changes, but it can't tell how you feel after making those changes. That is the reason for keeping a log.

It also makes one think more, feel responsible for their changes, a sense of empowerment.

In SH, the changes made are on a different tab and I have never liked the arrangement of it. Add in the color coding for "good" or "worse" setting change and it distracts from the information needed. It is good for "at a quick glance" information.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Jim--just sent you a PM. Since you're new here, not sure if you know what a PM is. Look at the top of any page where it say "Private Message." That's it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, well... I got the leakage down. Will it be easier to interpret the rest of my numbers? Please have at it. Thanks, Jim
P.S. I made an executive decision to keep increasing my max pressure as long as my 95th is hitting the top of the range.
[Image: 11-20-15.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Are there pressure and leak graphs on ResScan software like Sleepyhead has. Would be helpful to see something like that.

Anyone out there who uses this software, can you advise?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=1902]

OpalRose, here's a copy of some graphs. I don't know much about ResScan's software but from the little I've seen in the once I've used it, looks pretty much similar to SH. Only bad point is that I have to fire up and use the windows laptop. Everything is so much easier and faster on mac Oh-jeez
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OpalRose and cate, I have SleepyHead running now so here is a screenshot. There is much more data so let me know if this is enough.

[Image: 11-20-15%20SH.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 125 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 567 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,537 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 337 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 498 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 631 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 696 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.