Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
RE: Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
Hi Sleeprider, I think this is what you wanted. Let me know if you need anything different. Thanks, Jim

[Image: 11-21-15%20SH%20E.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another.

[Image: 11-21-15%20SH%20E1.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, unfortunately, these are not minimal 10 second apneas, and it appears the machine is accurately recording the events. You can even see the small wavy 1 cm-H2O 4 Hz pressure wave called the FOT algorithm that differentiates obstructive and clear apnea events.

There is really nothing ambiguous about this, these are pretty serious events that are lasting long enough to cause potentially serious oxygen desaturations, and have recovery breaths between events. This is not something you can ignore because insurance says you are only entitled to the studies you have already had. Let your doctor make the case on your behalf. This is not an ordinary pattern that we see here on Apnea Board very often. I am quite concerned for your well-being, and you need to get some professional help.

Let me assure you, that when problems in apena treatment are something members here feel you can fix on your own, we are nothing but supportive, but this is not an ordinary response or adaptation to CPAP therapy that appears to have potential to work out. You have severe sleep apnea when using your machine, that is beyond the scope of self-help or forum help. Call your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider. I truly appreciate your assessment. Fortunately, through a mutual friend, I have made contact with a very sharp respiratory therapist who is quite aware of apnea issues. He understood your assessment and complimented you on your knowledge. He has a bunch of masks and will fit me for one that doesn't leak. He recommended that until we meet that I stick to 7 - 17 cmH2O and he will review my graphs at that time.

I feel that God is blessing me with such expertise and masks to try.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

P.S. For some reason, the SD card didn't record last nights results. I think I put it in the machine too hastily. I think it was a pretty good night because I feel great this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice Sleeprider Coffee
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 09:52 AM)okrobie Wrote: I think it was a pretty good night because I feel great this morning.

Thumbs-up-2 That's ALWAYS a good thing!

I certainly agree with Sleeprider that many medical problems are "beyond the scope" of this forum or our own efforts. Perhaps this therapist you've contacted will get you moving in the right direction. Hope so. Having the right mask certainly won't hurt.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you've done well for self-help. Glad that last night went well, and I hope this all resolves on its own, but having professional help seems to be the right direction at this point. Best of luck okrobie!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 09:52 AM)okrobie Wrote: P.S. For some reason, the SD card didn't record last nights results. I think I put it in the machine too hastily. I think it was a pretty good night because I feel great this morning.

I have the A10 machine but I suspect the S9 and A10 work the same re the SD card. Someone else here can correct me if my assumption is wrong. If it is then this is just for A10 users. However, if it is the same, when you put the SD card back in the machine and then turn the machine back on (if you have turned it off) the screen should say something like "Preparing the SD card. Do not remove power or cord." In my experience, if you don't see this message take the card out turn the machine off then on then reinsert the card and make sure you get that message. If that message does not display then no detailed data will be recorded on the card.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
This therapist is involved in the "Sleeping Disorder community" here in town so I know that after I am fitted with a good mask and he looks at my graphs he will know of the best Physician for me to work with. Thanks again for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sonicboom, that is exactly what happened. I thought it was strange that I didn't get that message, but I was tired and wanted to get into bed so...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 124 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 567 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,537 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 336 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 497 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 631 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 696 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.