Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
RE: Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
You're welcome Indeed. I made that same mistake two nights ago.
Oh-jeez
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you found a professional that can help - your case is not the norm... let us know how it goes, for sure!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Daria, I'll keep the board informed. Best regards to all, Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All, Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I have made considerable improvement to my leakage. I found that if I shave before I put the mask on and wipe the cushion with an alcohol wipe, I get better results. I'm meeting with the respiratory therapist this week.

Here are my latest charts:
[Image: 11-29-15%20SH.jpg]

[Image: 11-29-15%20SH_E.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on getting the leak under control. Let us know what the RT says about the Obstructives.
Wishing you well.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose. I forgot to mention that I cut my max pressure down to 12. I think the higher pressures were partly responsible for the leakage. I don't know if that is therapeutically correct, but at least the leakage is down to an acceptable level. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Okrobie, the leak data looks greatly improved. It will be interesting to hear what the opinion is regarding the OA clusters. Most of the night you do quite well, but you have nearly predictable clusters of OA, twice per night. Figuring out whether those are associated with your sleep position, sleep stage or the therapy is going to be the key. Ordinarily, OA should respond to increased pressure, but when you were at max pressure of 18, it still looked about the same. This pattern really puzzles me, and I hope you'll continue to update your progress.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi okrobie,

Although you have a few short Central Apneas, this is fairly normal. Nothing I would worry about.

I think you do not have Complex Sleep Apnea, and I think your AutoSet machine will likely be adequate to treat your OSA, if you can get those OAs in control.

You have primarily Obstructve Apneas and need to lower those, for sure.

I suggest raising both your Min Pressure and your Max Pressure settings, but - most importantly - OSA is usually highly positional, and sleeping flat on the back is usually the very worst position, causing higher AHI.

I suspect you are rolling onto your back while asleep and that is when the OAs are happening really frequently.

Do whatever it takes to stay off your back while asleep.

Some wear a light backpack with something light but bulky in it to keep from rolling onto the back while asleep. Others wear a tee shirt with tennis balls in a couple pockets sewn along the spine right between the shoulder blades. Others use body pillows. Others sleep in a hospital bed with raised head or in a La-Z-Boy style lounge chair. Whatever it takes...

Take care
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Vaughn, thanks for your input. Interesting information you provide. Lately, I have been so focused on the leakage problem, I have been starting out on my back and trying to stay there. When I lay on my side, it pushes the mask on the pillow and causes a leak. I'll try your suggestion for pressure settings, but it seems that when I have higher pressures, I have higher leakage. A friend of a friend is a Respiratory Therapist and he is going to come over this week and bring a sack full of masks for me to try on. Hopefully with his expertise and the right mask, I will be able to lay on my side. Thanks again for your experience. I hope I have some good news to report soon. Regards, Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Okirobie,

You can sleep on your side if you let your face/mask hang over the cliff, so to speak. (no side loads = no leaks. Win!)
Then look at wearing a back pack with 3 tubes of tennis balls in it, so you don't roll onto your back.
Sleeping on your side / training yourself to sleep on your side might just tip the scales in your favor and
get you closer to the magic < 5.0 AHI number.

Sounds like a pain but you're almost there.

Give yourself some credit for being persistant. That's the secret.
God will lend you the strength to get through it all.

Cheers and Good luck!

=^.^=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 471 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 671 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.