Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
RE: Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help
Thanks Cate. Your support is appreciated. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Okrobie, you might be interested in this NIH study on positional apnea patients compared to non positional patients. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9315794 Apparently you're in good company, and it seems statistically positional apnea patients may be lighter-weight and younger than non-positional. I've never seen anyone that displayed the positional apnea characteristic more clearly than yourself.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, that's an interesting article. I'm an outlier on the bell shaped curve however because I am 73 years old and weigh 180 lbs. on a 5'7" frame. Kind of chubby.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had an excellent night last night. No leakage, no back sleeping. AHI 1.7. Thanks for your help and support. Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
okrobie,

I just read this entire thread and even though I have been benefiting from the wisdom and generosity of this forum since April, I am blown away by how the heavy hitters in this community pulled together to support and coach you.

If I had chimed in earlier it would have been to suggest that you check youtube for useful videos on how to fit and clean your masks. Google "<your mask> mask fit" where <your mask> is the name of your mask (i.e. Quattro FX mask fit). When the google results come back, click on the Videos link at the top to see a list of related videos. I learned a lot about how to properly fit my masks from youtube videos as well as tips from other users here on apneaboard.

Looks like you may already have the leak problems solved, but if it comes back you might go find some youtube help on fitting your mask. There might be some adjustments you can make that will make buying 3rd party pads unnecessary.

I had big problems with leaks using a full face mask when I started. After weeks of playing around with it, I tried a chin strap and leak problem was solved almost overnight.

Anyways, very happy for you.

Best wishes for continued success.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Saldus Miegas, I'll look at YouTube later today. Meanwhile, I had another great night. I feel well rested. Better than I have for years. Thanks to you all "Heavy Hitters". Yes Saldus, the support and encouragement I have received here is totally awesome.

Can someone please help me with SleepyHead? I can't figure out how to display more of the night on my graphs. It cuts off around 4:00AM. Last night earlier. Thanks.

Here are the results from last night.

[Image: 12-8-15SH.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
In SleeyHead try to zoom out your graphs by right-clicking the graph name which is on the left side of the graph (for example Event Flags) and choose 100% zoom level or Reset Graphs Layout. You may also want to check your Y-Axis is set to auto-fit.

[Image: reset-graphs.PNG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
okrobie,

quick tip on sleepyhead ... you can zoom in or zoom out by clicking on any of the rows showing timeline of a metric. Left click will zoom in, centered on the time line location that you click on. Right click will zoom out, again centered on the time line location you click on (until fully zoomed out). If you are zoomed in, the Events row at the top will highlight the time range you are looking at in white, and gray out the rest. The lower rows with metric data will show the zoomed start and end times. This is handy if you see a cluster of events and you want to drill down into them, simply left click on that part of the timeline. And of course to return to the full night, right click until it won't zoom out any further.

Another note is when you look at the time of day in sleepyhead, it gets that data from the SD card as recorded by your machine. So if your machine is on a different time zone (or out of synch with daylight/standard time) then you might see the entire night displays times off by that number of hours. To adjust that you would have to go into the clinical menu on the CPAP machine, and there are some restrictions on setting the clock backwards if it would record over hours that already have data.

So, if you are zoomed all the way out and still seem to be missing data, notice if the entire time of day range is off shifted. It might simply be the CPAP machine clock is set for a different time zone.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Alan, that is all set up correctly.

Saldus, you hit the nail on the head. The clock in the ResMed S9 was off. We'll see tomorrow how it works out. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
My graphs looked good this morning except I got on my back for a while and it got kind of messed up. The AHI was 5.45.

Saldus, my times were perfect on the graphs this morning. Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 470 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 671 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.