Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Need Help! AHI increasing, can't decipher Oscar
Thanks Gideon, I'll do that, very helpful.

Sleeprider-Great news that you see some improvement! I did feel like I slept more soundly in general and noticed right away I felt much better this morning with more energy. Hard to explain but feel lighter -maybe thats energy, forgot how it feels Smile 

I wasn't sure what you meant by graph so attached some zooms of the leaks and the the one graph I could find. Is this what you need or something else? 
That's so cool and amazing you can tell where the leak is coming from! Guessing from my mouth, the chin strap didn't do much unless I had it on wrong.  

Well I foolishly sent back the nasal cushions they sent first because I didn't think I'd ever get used to them.
So then I heard that a lot of face mask people had luck with the  Airfit  N30i. I got that and used the small nasal cushions last night. They don't really enter the noise, kind of float above it so had a feeling it would leak. They also sent medium and large sizes so I'll try the medium tonight and then large if it doesn't work. I also tried the F30 which is small but covers both mouth and nose but didn't seem to work too well, had a lot of leaks with that too. Do you think I should call and ask them to send  the nasal cushion set again? I'm determined to go nasal!

I do understand what you're saying. I can imagine it must be quite a balancing act to educate people with unfamiliar esoteric medical terms in order to help them while being careful not to  scare them. Some people are definitely more prone to anxiety and you don't know who. But you are very sensitive and reassuring and do an excellent job. 

I'm so happy and encouraged to hear you think I'm heading in the right direction and with some more work will get it under control. 

Thanks Lorie. 

[attachment=39754][attachment=39753][attachment=39752]
Just realized by graph you just meant chart so attached another one (sorry if it's a duplicate)

Pease let me know if more would be helpful

[attachment=39757]
I’m going through all my supplies -alot lol I think I’ve tried every mask

But I found a combo small/medium nasal part for my resmed n30i. Do you recommend I try that tonight or just go for the medium?

Thanks Lorie
Lorie, there is a leak rate graph. It might be farther down in your chart stack, but it is there, and can be dragged up in order to show in place of snore.  Scroll down through the charts below snore, and you should see it pretty quickly. The zoomed images show us that while there are some arousals, your leaks were not high enough to really interfere with your therapy. The flow rates did not drop from normal levels during the leaks you showed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
[attachment=39778]
Hi Sleeprider, Pls disregard my last post with chart only, sent in error. I revised it  to include more information but still couldn't  find the leak graph anywhere. Maybe it's not on my version machine? Apparently at around 7 am I went for bathroom break and then fell back asleep without the mask but had my oximeter still on and my  O2 did drop to 89. So no doubt I need the machine which I already knew. Speaking of which, you said my oximetry was around an hour off, so was it earlier or later so I can try to sync it.

I struggled all night with the nasal mask.  I couldn't fall asleep with it because I felt like I couldn't get enough air, so started with the small one covering mouth and nose.  But once I fell asleep, switched it over to nasal the next  time I woke up.  Once I'm sleeping don't seem to have a problem with it. Most likely,  a  psychological thing, but will keep trying, as you said it takes some getting used to. Probably a longtime in my case. At least I don't have red marks and creases all over  my face- it really is is much less intrusive and comfortable. 

I did see that  the centrals weren't too bad but had more obstructives which I didn't have before,. Wanted to ask you why resmed gave AHI score of 4.7 and Oscar 3.3? Is Oscars  readings more detailed and accurate?

So will continue with current settings and see what happens, anxious to hear what you think.

Thanks so much as always.

Lorie

\[attachment=39779]
Good morning, here's last night chart. Looks better to me although centrals a little high.
Does my breathing pattern look more normal?

Thanks Lorie

[attachment=39798]
Your CAs and their locations, seem to suggest that they are Sleep-Wake Junk (SWJ). This is the transition period between sleep and fully awake. How do you feel?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Results continue to look good other than the cluster of OA which is likely positional.  The CA events are not a problem.
There is a chart selection checkbox on the lower right corner of the charts. It lists everything available, and if leak rate is not checked it won't show up.   See Chart Selector in the image below:

[Image: 1275px-OSCAR_daily_screen.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Thanks Crimson Nape-Feeling better, still a bit tired.

Sleeprider Thanks, found it right away, the only event unchecked. I sent charts from past 2 nights that now include the leak rates but not sure if you want me to zoom them?

On 11/9 I had the nasal mask on most of the night but last night just the face mask. As I mentioned,  my strategy is to fall asleep with the face mask so as not to panic when I can't open my mouth, then switch it over to nasal next time I wake up (usually a lot) and am half sleepy so not that anxious. But last night really don't remember waking up much and when I did seemed to late to bother. Sounds like a good sign and nice not to wake up every 20 mins, do you see less arousals? But will try the nasal again tonight. Just wanted to tell you as it may account for big difference in leak rate. Interesting that the leaks with the nasal mask didn't impact my flow at all, that's great but wonder why since I'm losing air.

[attachment=39814][attachment=39815]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 75 1,386 Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,202 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 156 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,572 Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 2 78 04-21-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 120 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,448 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.