Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Need Help! AHI increasing, can't decipher Oscar
Hi, posting last night's chart to see what you think and if you want me to change anything. Did a 30 min feel check before I looked at it and seemed to match up. Feel a bit tired but energy pretty good. Think my chart also looks pretty good-did have a bunch of centrals/obstructives but can see they're mostly towards the end when I was waking up so probably wake/sleep junk? The only thing is my expirations were laying down so low which is different but also the data showed it was almost equal to inspiration so thinking that's an improvement? Also wondering if the my breath pattern looks more normal and not as restricted? I noticed that it doesn't slope down as you said it did before.

Thanks for the mask advice-so ended up using same mask  but size medium instead of large which seemed to fit better and had a good seal. Also wore a head covering which helped stop the velcro from getting tangled in my hair and the mask sliding down-probably happening because I move around so much. As you can see I did have a couple of big leaks so took it all off, reassembled and refit it, which seemed to work better than trying to tighten/move it around it when it's on. 

Relieved and happy to hear you're over it and think things are going well! Don't know why it was so hard to learn the lesson that any change or variable as you say can make such a big difference in my therapy. But definitely get it now-so can see how trying to change to a nasal mask at this point would be another big disruption/mistake. Feeling so much better, don't want to mess it all up again-with you or my therapy.

[attachment=39939]
Seven hours of therapy and AHI less than two. Most remarkable is a brief cluster of OA that is probably positional. Leaks are greatly improved. Flow limits are great. Looks good to me. We never react to isolated events and this therapy is good...no changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
It might be time for me to change this avatar. I think I have been at this bar far too long.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Haha couldn’t even tell it was a bar til I just blew it up  and saw all the beer and bottles -what are all those little things spread over the counter- looks like peanuts. So how long have you been stuck there? Agree doesn’t seem to suit you and you need some fresh air.Maybe the beach would be a nice change if avatars go there. Cute pic of you though Smile
Oh and thanks for your feedback on my chart. Great to hear its looking good
The bar is made of hammered copper under epoxy and has an ice-tray.  Louie is my Boston terrier., and until COVID was a service dog and could go anywhere.  He has his own rewards card at Rock Bottom.  Be careful, he has friends in low places.

[Image: B14IEnRh.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Oh that explains the appearance, sounds like a very unique bar, must be gorgeous in person. Just hard to see it clearly on your avatar.Louie and all your dogs are beautiful. So cool Louie is a service dog and can go anywhere - did you train him- who was he a service dog for? Amazing you can get him to stay up on the bar like that. My cocker Dino wouldn’t last a second, he’d just take off. What are Boxers like? Smart obviously but a lot of medical problems? Friendly to other dogs? We lost our other beloved cocker Barnee and want to get another dog but a different breed. What is Rock Bottom, sounds like a sketchy place- Louie sure gets around! Great name Louie,really suits him. 

I’m not sending my chart today-had  only around 2 1/2 hours on the cpap. Took the mask off to readjust it but when I put it back on forgot to reattach the hose. Uggh hate when that happens. What was on there looked ok. Will try again tonight Smile
Louie and I had to take obedience training which I failed, then we took some special classes. He was in nursing homes and hospitals, and is particularly good with patients using invasive ventilation (tractotomy) and partial paralysis due to stroke. The servers at the bar are also big fans. Boxers make very good service dogs, and I see a lot of them as seeing eye dogs. That is a whole different level of training. Rock Bottom is a chin bar/pub much like BJs Brew House.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Hi, posting my chart but wanted to explain the weird hours. Just couldn't sleep, think I finally fell asleep around 2-2:30 with smartstart on. Woke up around 5 to re-adjust my mask and realized the machine was off so no therapy for all those hours!  Can it just turn itself off like that and not back on? Not not really sure what happened. Felt tired/sleepy when I woke up but when I checked my chart, thought it didn't look too bad except seemed like a lot of centrals in 3 hours. Wondering what you think? 

So why did you fail obedience training, lol, assume Louie passed with flying colors! I did read that Boxers are excellent special needs/comfort dogs. He sounds very sensitive and loving,  to be especially good with such ill and disabled patients.  I just have to say you are so generous and giving with your precious time, Comforting very ill patients with Louie and then volunteering to share your incredible knowledge to help people manage sleep apnea and those mysterious cpap machines -resulting in a lot of success stories, including me. Probably I'm not allowed to ask but can't help but wonder how you know so much, are you a respiratory therapist or another medical  professional? I'll understand if you don't answer that, really not my business I guess.

I don't know either of those bars, live in Los Angeles and don't go to bars anyway-but nice Louie has a fan base there! Unfortunately I know all about how traumatizing it is in to have a trach and be on a ventilator-I was on a vent for weeks a few years back when I wasn't expected to live and coded 3 times. Finally was off the vent, but still had a trach for what seemed forever-hated it, couldn't talk or eat and always felt like I was suffocating, suctioning never worked for long.  Remember that when people brought the dogs it made me very happy and feel comforted while they were there. Raised my spirits and forgot I was in a hospital for awhile. 

[attachment=39990]
After 8:00 you have some oscillating or periodic looking breathing. Nothing serious, and probably just an artifact of not sleeping well and morning being there. CA events are not a problem. With regard to my obedience, I have never trained well and it would be a mistake to take all that I say literally rather than with the humor intended. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 174 4 hours ago
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.