Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Here is last night's chart-confirmed flow was set to override -100/+100. Relieved to see it looks better with low AHI. Still a few shrunken parts though, but not  as small. Feel more comfortable at 9, 13 and wearing facemask F30. I gave the nasal a good try but seem to do better the face mask. For some reason don't get enough air with the nasal-do you think that caused or contributed to the shrunken graph or it was just the setting? It started to look shrunken  the same time as I started wearing the nasal mask. Also noticed my mouth is open a lot while wearing the facemask so maybe I'm just a mouth breather. Or do most people go  through that trying to make the switch? 

You mentioned that it's not that important if it the min pressure is at 8 or 9, so do you think I should go to 10? I'm just asking because maybe I'll be even more comfortable a bit higher and getting more air.  Or do you think my chart looks good now and leave well enough alone?

Thanks,
Lorie

Looks good, and nasal therapy is not the best for everyone. It could be you needed a larger cushion size, but this looks so good, there is not reason to change. the compressed flow rate was only with nasal, and your therapy was more fragmented, so we can call that experiment done and over. If you want to try a higher minimum pressure, you might want to go is steps smaller than 1 cm and start with 9.4 or 9.6. No need to change max pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Sad 
Yay! Great news! Was getting a bit worried so happy to hear it was just the nasal and I’m back to good results with the face mask I just canceled the nasals and changed to F30s for  my 3 month supply coming up. Surprising that it made such a big difference  but good to know it’s definitely not  for me .I will move up the min slowly see what happens, if it makes a difference, seem to feel better with a lot of air. 
Thanks so much as always   Smile
Lorie
Yay. That latest chart looks great.

QAL
I increased my min pressure from 9 to 9.2 for past 2 nights. 3/15 looks like a disaster because it leaked pretty much all night- I finally  took it off and adjusted it around 3:15 so less leaks for a few hours but a lot of events.  Probably it's just worn out and lost it's seal,-it's the only F30 I have (more coming), it's kind of light and have been using it al lot.  So last night wore the F20 which didn't leak much but is so big and uncomfortable, I could notice the difference in it disrupting my sleep. Both nights more centrals than usual although a bit lower last night. No more compressed breaths, they actually look bigger! Feel way more comfortable at 9 than 8, but not sure about 9.2. Just reread your last post and you said to increase to 9.4  so will try that tonight.  Wondering what you think when you have the time.

Thanks Lorie

I have the same problem with masks.  I finally gave the Bleep DreamPorts a try and they have resolved many of my problems.  They are weird and somewhat difficult to put on at first, but once they are put on properly they are very comfortable and substantially reduce leaks.
You were doing great at 9.0 and my suggestion of 9.4 was just to keep you from moving to 10. I don't really see a need to change. Good luck with getting the new masks into circulation. I recently changed my mask, cushion, tube and it really helps the leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Steptoe/thanks for the mask suggestion, will check it out

Sleeprider-I will keep it at 9. I’m glad you clarified and told me that there’s no need to change it. I thought you were saying before to experiment with moving up to 9.4 and higher etc. If you think I shouldn’t change something please just tell me! I won’t take it personal.I need to know! I don’t have your knowledge and can easily do something not good for me and mess it all up. I’m only doing great because of your guidance. So do you think I’m still doing ok- just not as well as when on 9? You didn’t comment on last nights chart. Glad your new cushions etc are helping with leaks. I’m getting a whole new set up soon too.
Back at 9 min and think my chart is looking much better. Seems like 9 is the magic number for me and have no plans to change it anytime soon.  Don't know what happened with the missing 1 1/2 hours, looks like  the machine went on when I went to sleep around ll:30 but  then shut off maybe from a leak? 

Apologies for what I said yesterday, have nothing but gratitude for your help. I tend to think more is better so have to be careful about that and appreciate you telling me I did great at 9 and just leave it alone, which I will.

Thanks as always,
Lorie

You are starting to manage your own therapy with appropriate caution to making changes. I am working on opening a summer cottage here in PA and have a plumbing leak and some big electrical projects, so I may not be online as much. Just be aware we're not ignoring you, but getting dirty.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 5 158 03-25-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: timthebaker
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 956 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.