Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Well I think it looks great! Your ahi is around 1 for 8 hours. You’re so lucky you can sleep that long. That’s a good nights sleep. You sound really healthy. Im the worst sleeper, barely make it to 7. My ahi was .5 last night but mostly its a bit higher, similar to yours You  have a few events (6) during the night but the rest (4) are at the end when you’re waking up. Sleep wake junk- doesn’t mean anything and means your ahi is actually lower. You have almost NO flow limits which is amazing and hardly any leaks either. We have the same min pressure, your max is a bit higher. But your chart looks different from mine probably bc you have a different machine so couldn’t see how the pressure lines looks and compare to mine. From the numbers it looks pretty steady though. Your  expiration exceeds inhalations like mine. The flow and mask rate looks about the same but not sure what that means. So looks as good as mine, I just have all centrals and your events are a bit diversified but around the same number. So what do you think of my assessment??
I think you're ready for the bit-time. A continuous 8-hours in therapy does not mean there are not periods of wakefulness, I just don't take off the mask and do my best to relax when it happens. That particular graph was intended to show how mask pressure peaks just as inspiration ends and drops to zero flow. That is how bilevel pressure support comes in behind the spontaneous effort of a breath and allows a normal breath, even when flow limitation is present. EPR works very similarly. This screenshot was in February, and I don't change my machine time to standard time, so start and end times are an hour off. I have a relatively high tidal volume and minute vent appropriate to my height. I have pretty much used these same settings for about 5-years, and they still seem "good-nuf".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
So what do you mean by bit-time? Not so good?   I know a little bit? Well in all fairness, it was just a zoom not a full chart but still although have learned a lot, know I  have a ways to go.  Tried to tell you that. What would your assessment be of your chart?  That’s so good you can relax and not take off the mask when you wake up during  the night. I have to remove mine and practically reassemble it, gets so messed up. Then have a hard time going back to sleep and end up usually somewhat sleep deprived and tired since it happens so often. You are a blackbelt master sensei, I’m a white belt can manage my own therapy but not ready for prime time. The only reason  I’m doing so well is because of YOUR knowledge your instructions, your settings and adjustments and all the time you so generously spend helping me. I mean I was convinced the machine malfunctioned but you talked me down saying no go ignore it, it’s just a panic attack! Btw, I was horrified to notice my EPR has been on 2, not 3 lately, must’ve changed it by mistake . So now it’s back at 3 so will see what happens Thought my flow limits looked a bit high at times. That’s so interesting -your explanation of what I was looking at and bilateral pressure/EPR. I thought your tidal volume was a bit high compared to mine but what do you mean your minute vent is ok for your height? You said mine was good but you don’t know my height (5’5) but probably there’s other factors. I do so appreciate you continuing to teach me, wish I knew more, although a few months ago never heard of a flow limit so there’s that.
I recognize that graph. I'm pretty sure that's from my thread about the wonky breathing spikes thing. What a relief it was that was such an easy fix once you guys figured out what was causing it. I'm still being a little hard headed chasing numbers but I'm not going to post about it yet. I think I need to learn to give things a few nights between turns of the dial to see how it's really going.
I'm still pretty new to the whole pap thing. I've only been using one since January this year. I'm lucky I guess that I didn't have any problem with wearing the mask for the entire night...8 hours most nights. If/when I get up to use the bathroom I don't take off the mask, I just unhook the hose and go. My numbers are a little all over the place and not where I would like to see them..but I'm a compulsive knob turner and I think I need to make myself stop doing that or I'll never really know if I've got settings where they need to be. I'm only a few months in...but I'm learning.
(03-25-2022, 06:57 PM)Lorrubdb Wrote: So what do you mean by bit-time? Not so good?   I know a little bit?

Sorry, my typo..."big time".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
 Ohhhh. Thanks and pls disregard my tantrum yesterday or whatever that was. Had a tough day w my dog at the vet, anything wrong with him always stresses me to the max (he’s ok) and then I was sick all night w a stomach bug. Fun times. But really should’ve just laughed it off instead of being so sensitive. Anyway amazing how one little digit makes such a big difference. Like if you call 991 nobody will come lol. Haven’t seen my chart yet but last time I happened to just glance at the machine when I was up at 1:30 it was 2.8 ugh  so I blocked it from view like you said and don’t where it ended up. Afraid to even look at it but probably/hopefully it got stretched out over more hours and is lower.
So I'm not allowed to upload any more charts ever? I tried to post last night's chart but it wouldn't let me, said I reached my attachment quota of 15 MB.
Go back and delete your oldest ones.  Your attachments can be found in the UserCP ⇾ Miscellaneous (lower left) ⇾ Manage Attachments.  To make life easier for you, I have provided a direct link [HERE].
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 972 4 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 9 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 184 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.