Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Let's zoom in on 01:30 on 4/19 and see why pressure is higher and there is so much variation in the expiration side. 4-minute scale.

On 4/18, were you awake or sleeping between 03:00 and 04:45? Looks like you were having trouble getting to sleep, and finally got there where respiration quiets down.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Here's the 4 min zoom on 4/19.
I think you're right, I do remember waking up and having a hard time getting back to sleep on 4/18 around that time

Well, that's odd! If I didn't know better I'd say you are snoring. What are your thoughts? Any issues with mask fit or vibration?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(04-21-2022, 07:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well, that's odd! If I didn't know better I'd say you are snoring.  What are your thoughts?  Any issues with mask fit or vibration?

It got me too. I mean...I really don't know anything but the first thing I thought when I looked at it was..."snoring"
What?? No of course I don’t snore! Why would you even say that! ? Lol.I sleep on side so it could not be snoring! Mask fit could be the cause, I’m always tightening it or loosening it. I do notice a kind of vibration sometimes, especially when it first turns on. But it seemed to improve when I lowered the min pressure from 9 to 8. So that’s the whole problem, a vibration ?
The vibration would explain it. That's all the little squiggle is at the top.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

So that’s it -a vibration/squiggle and and it causes the pressure changes? All else looks good? Weird it wasn’t there last week.  Ok, mystery solved. 
ThanksSmile
I thought I had a really good night-AHI almost zero and felt fairly comfortable besides waking up a lot which I do every night, maybe a bit more than usual.
But when I look at my chart my pressure starts out nice and steady at around 8 but then has episodic episodes where it shoots way up several times . Same for my flow low limits.
I do  see a lot of leaks although I didn't feel them so time to change masks, will use new one tonight. Also my breath forms don't have the squiggly breath form indicating vibration as before when my pressure shot up.

So wondering what is happening, please take a look at it and let me know your thoughts.  Is at all due to the leaks?

Thanks,
Lorie

Pressure is increasing in response to flow limitation as designed. Results remain excellent, and this is only important in how it affects your sleep quality before considering the data. The increases in FL may be positional rather than physiologic because they are clearly episodic, and seem to also coincide with increases in leaks suggesting a change in position. The current pressure and settings seem appropriate and effective until something changes. Identify what that is, and you can solve the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

I read your response over a few times, there is so much great information to consider.  I’m glad to hear my results are still excellent, that it’s not physiological or important  except if it effects my sleep quality. Very reassuring. Actually did think I slept pretty well and was surprised to see my chart. Trying  to identify what changes and think I figured it out. I force myself to sleep on my right side  bc I was told it prevents obstructives (Is that true?) but its really uncomfortable. So guessing I start out there but once asleep start moving around to get more comfortable, thereby causing leaks and the corresponding FL and increased pressure. So tonight maybe will try sleeping on my back, as I always have bc turning  on my side hurts  my lower back. I’ll wear a soft collar. See if it solves the problem. Hopefully won’t get a ton of obstructives. 

Thank you !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 151 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 249 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,333 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 5 156 03-25-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: timthebaker
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.