Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
We can deal with obstructive apnea using pressure or preventing chin-tuck. Sleeping should feel natural, so just go with what is most comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Will do . What do you mean by using pressure to prevent obstructive apnea?  Thanks
Here last night's results after experimenting with sleeping on my back (with 3 pillows!)  for comfort instead of on my side. Expecting a lot of OA but to my surprise had NO obstructive apnea but more centrals.  Looks like they mostly occurred both when  I first was falling asleep and again when I was awake briefly and then back to sleep. I did turn on my side at some point, I think around that time to see the difference. But again episodes of FL increasing and pressure shooting up most of the night.  Starting around 5:45  my FL look significantly higher (to me) with minor leaks' at that time. Feel tired, like I was up a lot all night.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. Still positional and not important other than quality of sleep? 

Thanks,
Lorie

attachment=41898]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not seeing much difference here from the previous night. The CA events in sleep transition are not an issue. It really does not seem to matter what position you sleep in.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I'm wondering what you think about my chart? Low AHI and some obstructives/RERA with I rarely have but no centrals I always have! But my concern is my pressure and the arousals,I raised the min pressure back to 9 from 8 because I felt I needed more air. But my pressure is episodically so erratic and  high and doesn't seem related to leaks-so what is causing it- maybe positional changes? I do move around a lot. Is it a problem or only is it effects my quality of sleep? I did wake up a lot but feel good so far today. Also my flow limits look high at times.

Thank you!
Lorie

A little alarmed seeing last night's chart-my flow limits spiked and a lot of hyoapneas which I don't usually have. Also some centrals which are normal for me.  The night before wasn't great but last night is even worse. I've been struggling with my min pressure, adjusting from 8 to 9. I always had it at 9 but started to get chest discomfort so decreased to 9, That was fine for awhile but ihen felt like I needed more air so raised back to 9.

Sleeprider usually helps me but seems like he's not around.  Can someone please take a look and advise me what to do. 

Thank you

I don't see the increase in minimum pressure as having improved anything. Flow limitation is in episodes and if you can figure out why it occurs, you can deal with it. I don't know if you're open to using a camera to observe your sleep position and trying to correlate it to these issues, but it might help isolate how the problem arises. Anyway, your median pressure was lower, and you had less fractured sleep with a minimum pressure of 8.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

I have a good idea why the episodes of high flow limitations are happening. I’m a little reluctant to even tell you as I was doing so well before I started messing with it again. I keep feeling like I’m either getting too much air or not enough. But now I think it’s just anxiety and 8 is fine. So  I think leaning over every few hours and checking/readjusting the machine would correspond with my flow limit spikes? Tonight I will keep it at 8 and won’t look at it til morning-like you told me awhile back. Is that why you only check your results every few monthsSmile 

Thank you
Lorie
I still have not downloaded data since February 14. Not concerned at all.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Still trying  to get my head around you not downloading your data since Feb 14!! It's now May! Why and how aren't you concerned? Because you feel good so are confident it's ok?   But even so aren't you curious to see what's going on with your breathing? The very fist thing I do when I get up is download to Oscar! I mean after I get my coffee of course Smile

So here's my chart from last night which kind of worries me and need your sensei words of wisdom.  I kept it at 8, didn't look at the machine at all and thought I slept really well.  So  was surprised to see my flow limits still pretty high and pressure all over the place. I did notice everything settled down around 3:30 and I think this is what happened. I started out sleeping on my side which was ok at first but it got very uncomfortable with my shoulder, low back and leg hurting. So finally I turned on my back with my head on 3 high pillows (which they say not to do) and was very comfortable and fell back asleep pretty fast which is unusual.  I had been getting good results when positioned on my side but not any more, Weird, how your body changes. I'm kind of thin so maybe cumulative pressure finally got too much on my bones,.  Also there were a lot of leaks which I was completely unaware of but seemed to coincide with the flow limits as well. You were so right to sleep how I want and deal with obstructives later. Even with three pillows, turns out I didn't even have any! And my shoulder, back  and leg doesn't hurt today! Also have some precious energy!   Anyway, please tell me your thoughts.

Thanks as always!
Lorie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 76 1,417 1 hour ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,213 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 163 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,578 Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 2 79 04-21-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 122 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,449 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.