Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Okay, thank you !!!Smile
I got a brand new Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto at a  great price. It even came with an sd card !

I copied your min ipap, max epap but there are a lot more settings on there including min Tmax. T1 min, trigger, cycle. Could you please advise your recommendations for settings when you have the time ?

Thank you !
I don't recall my suggestion for Vauto, but I think EPAP min 5.0, IPAP max 14.0 and PS 4.0 should give you a good start.
Without using a website name, where did you get the Vauto and what did you pay? The machines are getting hard to find.

90 degrees and mostly sunny here. I know a Californian can't appreciate that, but it's rare in May in Pennsylvania.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I got a brand new Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto at a  great price. It even came with an sd card !

I copied your min ipap, max epap but there are a lot more settings on there including min Tmax. T1 min, trigger, cycle. Could you please advise your recommendations for settings when you have the time ?

Thank you !
Everything else at default values...medium sensitivity trigger and cycle, Ti Min 0.2, Ti Max 3.0. We can look at whether any of those need adjusted later.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
You didn’t directly suggest Vauto numbers , I got them from the machine info under your name&
avatar. Thanks for my settings Can’t wait to try it, may have to go to sleep early tonight!It arrived from ups in a sealed Resmed box 5 days after ordering,  It was clearly never even opened and inside was the suitcase  with all accessories/ tubing, power cord etc sealed in plastic. Brand new, so am satisfied (and relieved) it’s a legit company Their name is Help Medical Supply and I paid $1325. I did a ton of research and it was the lowest price and checked out as legit everywhere They also have refurbished but I wanted new so didn’t ask how much they are.

I heard it was 97 there in PA! Beats LA by far, was only 73 today-freezing lol!  That really is  such a nice surprise to get hot summer weather in May. I’m from Toronto so know how rare and wonderful it is. Hope it lasts s few days!
i think we barely touched 90, but a nice day. Storms moved around us to the north and tomorrow will be back in the mid-70s. I guess if that is freezing, we have seen worse. Congrats on the new machine and good sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Thanks for the congrats  and your help as always. I would be lost trying to figure out the numbers. I’m hoping my flow limits and centrals will be gone or minimal with the Vauto like you said. Do you think I got a good price on it? Some places wanted like double of that Just can’t wait to try it but too early for bedtime,  not even 8 pm yet !

Glad it was a nice day there. Kidding about the 70s being freezing, It’s mild and comfortable. High 70s and mid 80s is perfect  Don’t like the intense high 100 degree heat anymore, too tiring.
My first night with Vauto.  Had problems sleeping half the night then slept great. Didn't sleep all those hours but more than usual. Just lay in bed with the mask on,  breathing felt so much more comfortable that the other machine. Felt so easy and natural, no restriction inhaling or especially exhaling.
Disappointed with my AHI, why so many centrals?  Good flow limits though. What adjustments do you want me to make?

Thanks! 

oh just noticed the times are wrong on Oscar-thought I changed it to current time, not sure what happened. It looks like military time. Is there a setting to choose regular time? I'm going to see if I can find it. To change, have to erase all data but I have last night on Oscar so not a problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 250 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,333 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 5 156 03-25-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: timthebaker
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.