Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
I sure am talented at finding scammers .Spoke with Alex owner slash respiratory therapist at this shady company. He refused to exchange it and kept saying I have the wrong settings and a lot of other rude things I won’t  even repeat . Wouldn’t even tell me his last name. Not a good sign. Reported him to American Express and put in a claim. Had the mask on with machine running and suddenly saw warning that there’s a leak. Had it on for 30 mins before it  told me that. So pushed the water tub in farther and now works ok. My autoset just wouldn’t turn on if there was a leak. No audio alarm last  night so didn’t know and it just kept running. So still defective unless I can find an audio alarmIs there one on yours ?Anyway. just relieved it works. Thanks .
You jumped to the conclusion the machine was defective, but it was just a humidifier tub not seated? If Smartstart is off machine will not turn on when it detects breathing, or off when large leak occurs. You need to take a breath and relax, and quit looking for problems. You may owe an apology to the RT
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
He wasn’t an RT or he would’ve troubleshooted and told me that . He just kept saying my settings were wrong and where did I get them He’s as much an RT as my dog. He knew nothing.  He was extremely rude and demeaning. I have no apologies to make.
And why would you think I’m looking for problems? Why would I want problems? It wasn’t working right/you saw the Oscar chart, agreed something was wrong. How is that jumping to conclusions? There was no alarm that there was a leak. There was no error message something was wrong at all
You seem tense. Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Idea 
Lol well I’m a little sensitive from just recently being ripped off ):
So there's only 2 hours on Oscar because I can't believe it but had it all ready to go last night then fell asleep without it. I was so tired, not much sleep the night before, then yesterday had to take my husband for a knee replacement consult. Long drive, got stuck in rush hour traffic coming home on the freeway. Got home late and exhausted.

Woke up at 5 am, put it on and slept for 2 more hours. It started out fine, then blowing hard again. I had to keep adjusting the mask. Last one ran smooth as silk so something really does seem  off with this machine. AHI 8.9 with ton of centrals. But I won't jump to conclusions this time that the machine is defective. 

Please take a look and tell me what you think and  if I should change any settings. BTW the "RT" yesterday said to turn of the humidifier which may cause leaks. Is that true? Do you keep yours off? I did turn it off but doesn't sound right to me. My autoset worked fine with it on.

Thanks

attachment=42544

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just wanted to add that I have had vauto on for last hour or so and it’s fine. Maybe moved around too much last night or mask not secure. Will try again tonight. Is 2 hours too short to evaluate? Sending another chart with extra hour but I was awake so not sure if it counts. 

Thanks

Looks okay. I don't think the centrals are during sleep, or may be sleep transition. You might want to go ahead and use Smartstart. I have been using it for many years without a problem. Machine starts when I put on the mask and turns off when I remove it. Settings look good and we don't have enough information to suggest any refinement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Thank you! Will use smart start. Besides the centrals noticed that my flow limits were great, really low. Fingers crossed for good results tonight. Wish me luck! Seem to be having a bad run lately.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 198 6 hours ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  New to BiPAP Therapy: Seeking Guidance on Settings Kevinbipap 4 104 7 hours ago
Last Post: Kevinbipap
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 232 8 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 978 Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,646 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,658 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,303 04-23-2024, 10:30 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.