Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Hey Sleeprider... my AHI was 3.72, almost 4! mostly due to CA of 3.34. The centrals seem to be scattered throughout the night. My flow limits pretty good but more than usual and two big spikes. Disappointed with my AHI and centrals. My trigger is on high but noticed there's a very high, so would it be helpful to go very high? Although my centrals have been higher than usual with Vauto, I noticed that I feel more energetic during the day when flow limits very low. Just got up and hour ago- 7am  and feel ok so far, not sure how the day will go. Have been so grateful to be having a ton of energy (due to you help,) Just love having energy and feeling good-can do so much that I had put off  when I had no energy to do anything.  Also I went to sleep between 11:30 and 12 and Oscar is showing start time of 2, any idea why? It seems to be an ongoing problem.

Please let me know what you think and what I should do, if anything.

Thank you!

The trigger to very high is the next step. Give it a try and see if that helps.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Will do. Thanks
Hi hi sleeprider. Trigger set to very high and not even one CA! But had more obstructives-although though not really a lot. AHI better too, below 2. Still like it lower but better. Sleeping comfortably on my back with all my pillows so probably should wear soft collar to prevent that chin down thing. Would  have but couldn't find it and just wanted just go to bed. Around the  period 2:30 to 2:45 or so looks like when flow limit/pressure spiked and all the OA happened . Not sure why, looks too far along after transitioning back to sleep and another flow limit at 6:15.  Otherwise looks better overall to me but what do you think?

Thanks!

That OA is a single positional cluster. Ignore it or deal with the chin tucking. You can lose a pillow or add a collar. Looks great to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Cool 
Yayz!!! Thank you
Have been doing pretty well both with my results and sleeping better. Love the Vauto, so much better for me than the autoset. Actually achieved 0.0 couple of nights ago! and last night was below one. Happy about that but wondering about my flow limits-much better but still there, look a bit high at times, do they look ok to you?

Also, my pressure has stayed reasonably low but why does it go jagged like that and not stay steady?

Thanks!

I’m not seeing any problems. If I went through my data with a fine-toothed comb and looked for problems, there are plenty to be found. Accept that sleep and respiration is imperfect, and that it would be abnormal to expect perfection, then you will find Zen in the moments that escape us for our lack of awareness.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Wow ok sensei. Thanks for lecture. I am fully aware my results are finally starting to consistently look good and was really not nitpicking or complaining they’re not perfect. I was just  asking couple of questions out of curiosity how the pressures work together. And maybe was showing off a little, feeling good how far I’ve come. Thought you’d be happy for me. Thought you’d feel some sense of satisfaction for helping me to get there. Maybe I’m not the one who needs more zen. You don’t need to be insulting.
If it helps, I'm happy for you, however that is tempered by the sense that you often doubt your own success. I was attempting some humor here which seems to have gone south again. I an neither full of myself nor insulting of anyone asking a question... I am however at times a bit sarcastic.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 67 1,237 9 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 866 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,064 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 580 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 187 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 484 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 541 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.