Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: AHI CA/UA still high, EPR changes
Will do. What min pressure? I have an oxy ring and it shows some brief desaturations below 90 at 8-9 but if 10-11 it always stays above 90. Last night at 10.6 it stayed above 95, sometimes near 100. So do you think I should keep it that high so at least I’m saturated.I have flow limits regardless of what min pressure it’s at.Thanks!
Error. Tried to upload charts on iPhone without success can’t figure out how to delete  Thinking-about Sleep-well
Hello, attached is last night's chart. Flow limit is down but CA and AHI is way up. Min pressure at 8.6.  Also why is my pressure so erratic? It used to steady at 10. 
Please let me know what you think,

Thank you!

[attachment=38138]
Just wondering if my post shows as new to moderators-on the board- when I hover over the blue/red symbol next to it, it says no new posts.

Is there something I should do to mark it as new?

Thanks

Lorie
We see new posts as new posts.
When was your pressure "steady at 10"?
EPR=3 is managing the flow limits much better. IMHO the increase in CAI is ok if the Reduced flow limits are benefiting you which I think they might. I'd run this for a few nights and see which settings feels better for you.
] So far today my breathing feels more restricted and think I felt better with more air but will keep it at these settings per your advice and see what happens. 
My energy seems better though, weird.

I attached a few charts showing pressure steady at 10, but mostly it's not anymore. I noticed the min pressure is mostly lower, should I decrease  it to give more room to handle the higher EPR as you said yesterday?

Thank you 

[attachment=38149][attachment=38151][attachment=38152]
Lorrubdb  -  If you select New Posts or Today's Posts, in the upper right side of the main pages, will list all the posts for that time period.  The posts that you haven't read will have a green right arrow to the left of the thread name, and the thread title will be in bold.  Clicking on the arrow will take you to the first unread post in that thread.  Also, if you click on the Last Post: Member's name, on the right of a thread listing, will take you to the most recent post (the last one) in that thread.

I hope this helps.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thank you! Helps a lot, went straight to your postSmile
Need opinion on new settings please!
I have been slowly changing settings according to how I feel, my flow limits and O2 sats using what I have learned from this forum. 
I kept EPR full time at 3 to control flow limits, but my oxygen was still dipping to low-I raised the min pressure to 9 (from 8.6) and max pressure to 14.8 (from) 14 for 3 days. Definite improvement with no significant increase to CAs but sats still too low.

Last night raised min pressure to  9.4 and max to 15.4. AHI .4 flow limits pretty good with some increase and sats great -over 85 all night yay! Problem is my mask leaked slightly all night-I think it was faulty elbow connector (getting new one) so may have caused some problems. I also notice that the CAs occur mostly the hour before I get up, so am waking up and maybe holding my breath? Or related in some way to that stage of sleep.

So at this point I need your expert advice on whether I should stay where I'm at or maybe go up or down a little bit. Noticed the higher min pressure the less flow limits and higher sats.I am trying to raise the max pressure to correspond per Gideons advice to allow the EPR room, I can't explain why but understand the concept.

Thanks so much and Happy Holidays!

[attachment=38294][attachment=38295][attachment=38296] [attachment=38297 [attachment=38298]]
Need opinion on new settings please!
I have been slowly changing settings according to how I feel, my flow limits and O2 sats using what I have learned from this forum. 
I kept EPR full time at 3 to control flow limits, but my oxygen was still dipping to low-I raised the min pressure to 9 (from 8.6) and max pressure to 14.8 (from) 14 for 3 days. Definite improvement with no significant increase to CAs but sats still too low.

Last night raised min pressure to  9.4 and max to 15.4. AHI .4 flow limits pretty good with sporadic increase and sats great -over 85 all night yay! Problem is my mask leaked slightly all night-I think it was faulty elbow connector (getting new one) so may have caused some problems. I also notice that the CAs are mostly the hour before I get up, so am waking up and maybe holding my breath? Or related in some way to that stage of sleep.

So at this point I need your expert advice on whether I should stay where I'm at or maybe go up a little bit. Noticed the higher min pressure the less flow limits and higher sats.I am raising the max pressure per Gideons advice to allow the EPR room, I can't explain why but understand the concept.

Thanks so much and Happy Holidays!

[attachment=38294][attachment=38295][attachment=38296] [attachment=38297 [attachment=38298]]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,343 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 5 159 03-25-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: timthebaker
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.