Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
I was just wondering why Oscar states I only used the machine for 3.56 hours last night starting at 3:30 when I actually went to sleep at 11:30 and used it for 6.26 hours according to Resmed. This is the second time it happened and per previous instructions, I purged the day and reinserted/uploaded the sd card again but it didn't change. Do you think it is Oscar or the sd card or any idea why this happens?

I also attached 3/26 and 3/27. On 3/26 I fell asleep without the mask and put it on around 1:15 so Oscar is correct. On 3/27 I went to sleep at 11:30 but was sick most of the  night so only slept around 4 hours, accurate on Oscar.  When I was up at 1:30 and saw the AHI almost 3 already, I figured it was due to a lot of centrals and turned the EPR down to 2 and didn't look at it again all night. When I checked my chart next morning there WERE a lot of centrals up until 1:30 which seemed to resolve after the EPR decrease to 2 and flow limits stayed ok.  So think I'll just leave it at 2 for now but up until that happened, thought it was on 3 the whole time! Also , all 3 nights my pressure looks more steady and lower, around my min of 9 to 9.5. It used to be a lot higher sometimes to my max of 13 and not sure why and what changed, but I think it's  big improvement ?!

Thank you!
Lorie

Oscar only reports what the machine's data records. If the first part of your sleep is not there, the data is missing from your machine or there was some kind of data transfer error.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
That is 03:30 (3:30AM).  Since your start date setting is listed as 3/28/2022, your CPAP clock is ahead by 4 hours, if you actually started at 23:30 on 3/27/2022.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks Sleeprider and Crimson. I checked my machine and the date/time is correct March 28 at 11:26 P.T. So to me it looks like  it missed 3/27 at 2330 and started recording on 3/28 at 0330. Could it be my sd card, should I switch to another one? Resmed had the correct start time so does look like it didn’t transfer.
Last night when I turned on the machine I felt blasted with air to the point where my chest felt uncomfortable, almost painful. That has never happened before. My chart shows AHI of 0 but hard to celebrate because I am concerned about the chest discomfort and  my pressures looking so high and erratic. Also my flow limits look higher and more frequent than usual. EPR has remained on 3. Today feel unusually tired and fatigued. 

The prior night all settings the same but  pressure was steady around 9 (my lowest ever) and minimal flow limits. Also I didn't experience the blast of air feeling at all or any discomfort at all, just felt like normal. 

So wondering what you think is happening and what should I do. if anything.

Thanks,
Lorie

Nothing to be seen in the charts. The previous night looks a lot better, and the difference in flow limits was significant. All at the same settings, so I guess, there are going to be nights that are not as good. Something was going on, but can't tell what it could be from the chart. I would recommend wine, but that might not make things better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Lol, wine sounds good, calm my nerves anyway. Maybe bc I was wearing a different mask? I mean it’s not new new, I’ve worn it before but not for awhile. Thats the only difference. Sucks though, just when I started doing so well. Hopefully it is just a bad night and  tonight will be better. Will keep you posted. Thanks as alwaysSmile
i can vouch for the benefits of a good glass of wine with dinner, or after. Your results may vary, but I like it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Too bad I didn't see your post til this morning, would've tried it. Well I'll enjoy a glass tonight and then probably won't even care about the results.  Smile

So speaking of results, here are last nights-looks like I had a rough start but settled down later with lower flow limits but still not great plus a lot of centrals and higher AHI. That's my take, what do you think and should I change anything?

Thanks!

Try a little of this with some good red wine.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 180 9 hours ago
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 172 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,362 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.