Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Awww is there anything better than doggy first aid. All those sweet healing licks and kisses. Amazing how they’re on the job so fast and work so intensely to make it all better. Love doggies so much, never take them for granted. Hope your arm is better,  be careful out there in the wild! 

Well great news from the doc -he called yesterday from his office while viewing my ct images. He said the radiologist misread it, there is no significant scar tissue, just a small strand or something which he thinks may be from the pneumonia I had, he wasn’t sure but definitely nothing to worry about. And for sure not pulmonary fibrosis which is what I was really worried  about. He said that’s not at all what it looks like. Phew so relieved. I did tell him that recently the cpap air flow is hurting my chest which it is even when on low min pressure as I mentioned to you. He said to just use it 3x week for awhile. So last night I didn’t use it, had my oximeter on and was surprised there were no significant desaturations. Can you have high ahi without desaturations? My chest doesn’t hurt now but overall think I feel better using it. Confusing to me. Will follow his orders but wondering your thoughts on it, just when you have the time.

So had the BEST. the most wonderful relaxing evening last night with some incredible Pinot noir and Van Morrison blasting from my iPad. Had the video on a loop. Don’t know what brand I got but it tasted great,  don’t remember it being so good. Does the brand even matter? Was pretty mellow after one glass but super  mellow after the second. Done after that, got sleepy and ended up sleeping great. Was so enjoyable may have to do it again tonight! 

Thanks, feel pretty good today too. You’re so right, hard to ask for more. Grateful for it and for sure beats the alternative by far.
Well, we now know why you slept so well without the CPAP. It is possible to have apnea without a lot of desaturation, but remember the cost of breathing limitation or obstruction is arousal, and this will catch up with how you feel if sleep disruption is significantly increased. Sleeping without PAP is not an option for me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Got it. Thanks sensei for your invaluable information. Will go ahead and use the cpap.
It’s almost 11 pm here in LA, have the apap all ready to fire up in a few minutes. After not using it last night, nervous I’ll wake up with AHI of 134 and flow limits off the chart. How’s that for positive thinking Smile. So wish me luck. Hope you’re sleeping well. 

Will post the chart tomorrow.
Well, that is 2:00 AM here, so pretty good bet I'm asleep. I finished plumbing the entire cottage yesterday from the well to all taps and hot water heater. Worked straight to 10:30 so I could have a shower. I was beat, and must not have hydrated enough because I woke up at 2:30 with some really nasty leg cramps. I still have the kitchen sink drain to relocate so I can put the kitchen back together.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Yeah I know you're 3 hours ahead back east there in PA, so figured you were fast asleep when I posted. Probably you've been out there for hours by now  working on your kitchen .Sorry about your leg cramps-I've had them too they're so painful. Yes take more water breaks and eat a banana or two! Sounds like you just keep working straight through without stopping til the job is done. Just never ceases to amaze me how you know how to do all that and be good at so many things, like just about everything!! Like I said, a man of many talents.  

Here's last night's chart. Don't know what to think of it really. AHI a lot higher than usual. At  first turned the machine off and on because I kept trying to find a comfortable min pressure so went form 7 to 9 and landed on 8.8  again. So weird, never happened before that when the autoset blows in the air, I feel a reaction in my chest, like a slight contraction and discomfort, hard to describe.  It used to be I loved the air, felt so good, wonder what changed. Doc doesn’t know either. But later on I finally fell asleep and seemed to be breathing comfortably. So it looks like most events were towards the end when I was waking up so can disregard those right?. Also flow limits increased at that time. Do you think I'm having significant flow limits? I was up at around 4:30 for a long time,  hard to go back to sleep but then slept in later than usual which is fine, don't have a house to build! Overall feel ok today, a bit tired but not too bad. So sensei, please share your thoughts on it when you have the time

Hope your work is all finished soon so you can get some rest and relax-with some good red wine and Van Morrison of courseSmile  Can't get enough of that song. It's so  good and so true.

Thanks as always!

It’s  2 am here so 5 there and you must be sound asleep. Woke up as per usual  and realized I don’t think I said congrats on finishing all the plumbing in your whole cottage. Huge accomplishment but a ton of hard work. Probably you got a lot done too  on your kitchen  yesterday and must be exhausted . Great you have all that golden  energy, happy for you but want some of that! Anyway hope you’re sleeping well  and no more nasty leg cramps. Usually  don’t wake up til around 3 but  my doggy  Dino bambino jumped  on my bed to  wake me up and take him outside.Glad he does that, beats cleaning the carpet in the morning. Such a smart boy, of course he goes right back to doggy sleep chasing bunnies and I just lie here posting in the middle of the night! Oh well, why not and think I’m getting sleepy now yay so will try to drift off. Therapy seems to be going better tonight, no chest pain at all, just all that nice healing air
Have been managing my own therapy for awhile now, armed with the knowledge I received here.  Not every night is great of course but just wanted to post last night's most beautiful  chart and say thank you!

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Here's the last 3 nights- prior to these, the charts have looked great with barely any flow limits or any other disruptions/events.
On 4/19, Oscar is missing around 3 hours. Not sure what happened, Resmed reports over 6 hours.
It seems that when my flow limits and pressure  increases, I can feel it the next day.

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 940 2 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 7 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 184 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.