Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Did you get my post? Everything ok
Focusing again on what looks good, the period after 04:00 is much better than earlier in the night where persistent leaks and higher pressure is the case. What do you suppose happened that these two halves of the night are so different.

Spend a day away from the computer and enjoyed some sunshine and friends. This will happen more as the weather moves to summer, a rare time in PA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Had internet problems on and off all day so am just sending last night's chart now, not sure if you'll get it since it's late there in PA. Pretty sure the reason the first half of the night was so different than  the second is my position. I was on my side the first half because I thought it was preferable to prevent OA and was so uncomfortable. So half way through decided to just lay on my back with my 3 pillows the way I always slept before cpap and what feels best. So last night just lay on my back the whole night, was really comfortable and slept well. And my chart looks much better,  To my surprise I did have a few OA but not that many and guess what-no centrals for the first time ever! Happy to see my flow limits down too.

I'm glad you had a nice weekend with your friends enjoying the warmer weather! Understand you will be out there sunbathing and not online that much.

Thanks, I really appreciate all your excellent help.  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Slept on my back again last night with 3 high pillows and was so comfortable.  Thanks for telling me to sleep how I want to,. slept well and think my results are looking better. with lower flow limits, a couple of spikes I think related to leaks. Not sure about my pressure but think it's mostly lower but not down to 8 again yet. 
So looks like the experiment of sleeping on my my back is going well?  What do you think? How does it look to you?

I feel really terrible about what happened and can't say  enough how sorry  I am. I shouldn't have posted so late afar a traumatic day when I'm upset and tired, worried about restricted breathing and having  a moment.  I misread the situation and reacted badly, saying things I regret and didn't mean. Just wrong and not fair to you all.

I do get vey anxious when I'm getting bad results and think I'm back sliding. Not an excuse but wanted to explain where I'm coming from so please hear me out. I spent 4 months of hell in the hospital with septic shock, respiratory failure, double pneumonia on a ventilator among other thins and couldn't walk talk or eat. So i get some ptsd  anxiety moments which unfortunately resulted in me posting you too much for help instead of waiting to get back to me. Not an excuse just wanted to explain and assure you it won't happen again.

I wish there was something I could do or say to make you stay as my  amazing sensei, just to know you're there when something goes wrong. I'm really not crazy, lol that sounds crazy but I'm not. Any chance you can forgive me? When it comes to health, I can be super anxious and this time I really went bonkers. But normally I'm mellow, gratyto be alive and love hearing about Louie and your cottage adventures or misadventures,
Pleeeze!!!

Here's last night's chart.  Thank you!

Other than the fact your sleep hygiene is terrible and you're not getting enough time in therapy, it looks just fine. I don't care if you sleep on your back, side or on the floor as long as you're comfortable. Using three tall pillows often causes the chin-tucking we talk about with positional apnea but it's not apparent in any of these charts. Try to relax and get into a more routine sleep pattern.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Yes,  I know I don’t get enough sleep/therapy.Last night I was sick so got very little therapy.  But the other nights I end up falling asleep watching tv without the mask then wake up and put it on. But I’ll figure out a better system like just putting on the mask when I lie down around 11:30. Glad what is there looks ok.

Thanks!
Lorie
I finally was able to sleep and get therapy for around 8 hours last night. I think because I was so tired from being sick and not sleeping much the night before. I feel much better now and back to normal.

I am concerned about my high flow limits and erratic pressure. Again it seems to occur mostly the first half of the night. Also there were a lot of leaks which I was not aware of. I woke up in the same position I started in (back)  so don't think I moved around much if at all. So please take a look when your have a chance.

Thanks!
Lorie

There is really nothing available in settings to improve the intermittent flow limits you experience. As you have noted, they are often the result of your body position or watching your CPAP display. Optimization is a matter of finding the most comfortable settings that are effective, and there are long periods where that is the case. Clearly, we could turn the dials and change pressure, but that is not going to have a positive impact.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Ok thank you. I understand. As you said, I did have long periods of excellent results. Glad you reminded me! Not sure what changed but will lower the pressure back to 8 from 8.2, make sure I’m comfortable and put a towel over the machine so not tempted to look at it. Is it normal to have intermittent flow limits? 
Do you think I would do better and be more stable using the machine you initially recommended, the one you use,  think it’s vaulto 9 or another type of machine?  If so, I will ask my doctor to prescribe, he’s really nice and think he would be agreeable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 990 2 hours ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 843 Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 184 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 260 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.