Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is a bilevel machine that is capable of targeting flow limitation, hypopnea and respiratory timing issues. Getting it covered under insurance will certainly be a challenge given your good results with the Airsense 10 CPAP. I use the Vauto, and since moving to Medicare, have found it may be difficult to continue getting the Vauto. I just buy lightly used machines and will not be subjected to that bureaucracy. Anyway, the bilevel supports your inspiratory effort with increased pressure as you inhale, so it helps move past inspiratory flow limits, and still allows for low expiatory pressure. It does everything your machine does and quite a bit more. As I said, there they are not cheap, and it is unlikely insurance will pay unless your doctor can convince them of a medical necessity.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
It sounds great and perfect for me. But I agree, given my generally good results I doubt the doctor could convince them of medical necessity. So the next question is where and how to find a lightly used one ? I understand they’re not cheap but so worth it to me to make flow limitations and centrals go away without all these setbacks. Just want to improve and maintain my health so I feel good and have energy every day.
I use SearchTempest and search "Resmed Vauto". Today my pick would be the one advertised on Craigslist in Evansville, IN for $400 an only 1205 hours of use. And that's how it's done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Wow great price! Thanks will check it out
Hi Here's my last 2 night's charts. Last night looks like a bit of a disaster (to me)-my AHI shot up to over 15 in a few minutes when I first masked up but think it was because I leaned over to check if my sd card was in  (it was!) and I learned from last time that my AHI would stretch out over the night which it did to under 1. Everything seemed to go well for a few hours from 2-3:30 and then flow limits got erratic with increased but not terrible flow limits. The night before was better but again the second half of the night was worse for some reason, have no clue why. I felt pretty good yesterday but this morning am already tired so know it did not go well.

As I mentioned, I did purchase the Vauto online, so hoping the transaction goes well and I receive it soon. Sounds like it will be much more effective for me. Thanks again for your help with that.

Please take a look at my charts when you have the time.

Thank you!
Lorie

Let me know how your Vauto deal works out. That was one I would have targeted myself if I needed one.

Events don't count when you're not asleep. I don't know where you're seeing a 15 AHI, but that is not the way it's counted. You need a bedside stand with a drawer so you can close the machine off from being able to see it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Lol I only looked at the machine once when I was checking for the Sd card and not again all night  I swear! What happened is it wasn’t showing if the sd card was in right so I turned it off and reinserted. It showed it was in correctly and also opened the sleep reporting 8mins use and AHI 15+!

I will let definitely let you know about the VAuto from Evansville Indiana. A great deal for sure, just hope I didn’t get cheated. Im not experienced buying from Craig’s list or eBay. I asked him to take a pic of it in the box and then another pic of the ups label with tracking number. He sent pic of label with tracking number but not a pic of machine in the box before closing it.He had some bs excuse for why he couldn’t take it. But per ups tracking it said there is a 4 lb package being processed and waiting to be picked up for shipment. So does that sound right to you, does it weigh 4 lbs?
Sounds like your machine is on the way. CPAP machines are not a common scam and the pictures used in the ad gave you all the information you need to know. Paying with PayPal is more secure, so hopefully you used something like that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Ok good , thanks. No unfortunately didn’t use PayPal, used Zelle. Not smart I now know. But the label does have his full name and address so think that’s a good sign?
Don't worry. I think you made a great deal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 980 1 hour ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 10 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 184 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 259 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.