Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Here's last night's chart. Couldn't sleep for a long time-went to bed around midnight and looks like I fell asleep around 1:30. I did have it on smart start but got concerned it was leaking again because sudden increased air, so turned on monitor for leaks which for some reason turns off smart start.  No leaks so will turn it back on for tonight.

I had a lot of centrals at first, I think because I was mostly awake or in and out of sleep.  Also had a corresponding desat to 86. Besides that my saturation stayed good around 96. Finally fell asleep 1:40 and everything seems to look ok until I woke up 5;30 had more centrals maybe from transitioning back to sleep? I wonder why this machine feels so different that the first one. I did discover I was wearing the wrong size mask-large and I take medium. So maybe that is causing some problems. Also my pressure was 9.7 at  95% and minimal flow restrictions. so that's good. Respirations and everything look all erratic til I fell asleep but then look better. Tired today, maybe just have to get used to machine. Anyway, that's my assessment, wonder what you think?

Please take a look when you have the time.

Thanks 

attachment=42592]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forgot to ask- when I had desaturations decided to add supplemental oxygen but it didn’t seem compatible with Vauto/ made breathing harder and oxygen sats lower so turned it off, I read wiki but don’t understand percentages of concentrator and air. My doc said 3l is max , I had it only at  2l andright away too much blowing and my oximetr started buzzing, Pulse 86  ugh. Did I do something wrong? Maybe won’t even use it w Vauto. Was fine rest of night without it. Btw, great pic, handsome young dude, glowing with good health and happiness. Look really great 

Thank you

PS Trying not to infer
The graphs don't provide any insight into SpO2, so I'll assume your oxygen saturation issue is resolved with this therapy, or may have been initiated when you quit CPAP. Your flow limitation is non-existent and pressure does not hardly move except in response to arousal. I know this sounds familiar. Your therapy is great. Any issues that cause discomfort appear to be external to using the therapy. As long as you relax and sleep, everything goes very well, but you seem to have a panic reaction or anxiety issue in arousal that creates a lot of stress when you awaken and causes these breaks in your sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I actually just wanted feedback on how my chart looks to you since I just restarted Vauto. Not a lecture on my anxiety and sleep hygiene. I know  my pressure and flow limits are good but there are other things I don’t know much about ie respiration inhale vs exhale,  tidal volume etc. so am glad to hear it all looks great. Thanks for reviewing it.

I am fully aware of my anxiety interfering with my sleep at times causing the fractured sleep. Of course I sleep  better when I’m relaxed. I know that so you don’t need to keep  pointing it out and telling me to “relax”. Just so you know, that isnt helpful. If I could I would, who likes being anxious. You don’t know a thing about me, the  hell I went through and what happened to me. That I have a nasty  case of PTSD which is why I sometimes have anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia and nightmares. So maybe you shouldn’t judge and lecture me about it since you don’t know where it comes from, you never asked. Your annoyance and your “here we go again” frustration came through loud and clear
Hi Lorie!

I found your thread and thought I would respond. My story isn't important, but I thought I might help.

Sleeprider and others have helped me a lot. Implementing their recommendations has transformed my therapy. On good days I feel better.
Before I ventured down this path I could count on one hand the number of times that I felt better after sleeping. And that was with over 30 years of treatment.

The people who have answered volunteer here. And they are so well informed.

I believe that improving sleep quality improves my wellness. I go through good times and bad.

Welllness? I've learned some things that help me. anxiety and stress. I use a holistic remedy called PassionFlower. It's a tincture made by St Francis Herb Farm that's sold at health food stores. Tastes awful. I use the eyedropper and take 2 full eyedroppers straight. My chest pain due to anxiety goes away almost instantly. If it didn't I'd go to the hospital. I carry it with me.
I also use Bach Flower Essences. Rescue Remedy in particular. Issue? I smell like I've been drinking. So I use their lozenge. Health Food stores too.

I've posted so many times on my own request for help that I think I'm a burden. So I looked at the number of people that participate here....there are so many. I *think* that's a clear sign of the good this site and it's volunteers do.

I'm glad I saw your post. I'll learn a lot and know I'll learn more by reading more. Thanks for being here.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Please accept my sincere apologies for lashing out and saying what I said. I truly appreciate your help and feel terrible about it. Not an excuse but have been having problems with my husband's health and other things. I really shouldn't post when I'm having a moment.  The truth hurts sometime, you're right my anxiety sometimes does keep me up too much at night. So hoping you can forgive and still help me. I so appreciate you sharing your exceptional knowledge and eagle eyes to see what's going on and  to guide me in the right direction.[Image: oh-jeez.gif]

My chart from last night surprised me-first I went to sleep around 11:30 not 2:30 as recorded on Oscar. Can this meant my SD is full? And then my flow limits are so high, don't know what happened as I slept really well and don't think I woke up even once during the night. My pressure is good though, a nice steady line.
This is the first time I had flow limits with Vauto, should I change any settings?

Thanks so much
Lorie

Hi Lorie,

I've done the same things. Welcome to the forum! There's so much information here. And the people are wonderful Sleeprider has helped me so much.

My sleep docs though....I think their mission statement is, Edited--it wasn't kind-- because they are successful when I wear my mask for at least 4 hours each night, and don't die with my machine on.

Dave
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Lorie I don't have the skill the others have.

But when I had issues with my S9E and my S10 For her machines, it was because I had auto-on enabled. So I've disabled it, and switch the machine on and off by hand. It's not as convenient for me. (My problem was each machine would quit sometimes, and that would scare me. With that feature turned off I've neverhad an issue.)

I'm sure others will respond about your settings.

Welcome tothe Forum! I know your thread is long....but there is so much information here.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Why are you using CPAP mode at 8.0 with no pressure support? Last I knew you were using Vauto at 5-15, PS 4.0. It actually looks surprisingly good for CPAP, but the flow limits are clearly there for a reason.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Dave, thanks so much for your thoughtful and sensitive response. I'm glad to hear you and others have done it too  but I think I must hold the record and won the medal for being the biggest pain and most annoying. A medal I'd rather not have! I'm not really like that, but  anxiety  is cunning, sneaks up on you can tangle up your mind. Then later, its' like oh no why did I say that.  No excuses though, I know these wonderful advisers volunteer and I am so grateful for them. I think they've come across all personality types and just see it for what it is and it just rolls right off their back. After all they've been there, done that.

Sleeprider has truly helped me tremendously, and has changed my life forever.  I was spending everyday tired, no energy or motivation. Most days now I have great energy, am doing things and enjoying life. I mean I have my moments, but he really did turn it all around with his amazing knowledge, persistence and patience putting up with me. Dont know how he does it, just a good soul who wants to help. 

BTW I'm from Toronto too!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 5 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 184 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.