Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
RE: Lorrubdb Therapy Thread: Fine-tuning therapy with Oscar
Lorie Highway 1 on the coast is one of my favourite drives. I see you're in California? I've never ridden a motorcycle there. I bet Sleeprider has!

Way back I thought it would be easier as I got older. It's not. But my admiration and respect for my Father and Mother has only increased. I'm now about a year younger than he was when he passed. My Mother was younger, and passed 6 weeks later.

I think that computers are the reason when I blow. Before computers I'd blow, and set out to tell the world. But by the time I figured out what I was going to say, enough time had passed to let me cool off.

Meditation. I find it really helps. Except I go too long between the times I meditate.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

I lived in London Ontario for about 25 years. I never wanted to work in Toronto. Came here looking for work. Haven't left.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 35 years ago. The sleep doc was great. Moved to Toronto....been here for over 22 years.  Mississauga actually.  

I got a family doc because I needed to find a sleep doc....and found the sleep doc from h*ll. I was in his care for about 15 years.  Then I had no doc until I realized I had 22,100 hours on my used cpap machine.  

It's the people here that have made a huge difference for me.  

I think that the whole OSA treatment thing should be refined to consider sleep quality.  

DaveL
Toronto....Mississauga.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Sleeprider..thank you. So weird my vauto was on cpap, I didn’t even know it had other modes. I didn’t touch the machine except put the water bucket on. I must’ve inadvertently changed it but no idea how or when. I changed it back how it was before 5-15 PS 4. Such a shame, could’ve had like a perfect result! I didn’t even notice/ if you didn’t tell me would’ve just carried on with cpap and no pressure support. Crazy 

Now I see how important pressure support is. You’re  so right, there’s a reason for flow limits. 

So thanks for catching that and for your always excellent  help. Really sorry  to be such a pain sometimes.
I'm an old engineer. An old friend taught me a lesson long ago. Look at the simple things first. Paul has passed away.

Back then a wonderful manager taught me to ask questions when there's a problem.
* did it ever work?
* what's changed?
That advice from Jack Brooks has helped me all my life.

When I hurry with OSCAR I sometimes forget to put my SD card in my S10 *for her*. So I check the flap on the side where it's hidden to see if it's there...or maybe I forgot.

When I print OSCAR off there's a lot described. One thing is the mode my machine is in....cpap is one mode. When I look at it on the screen I can tell right away because there are spikes in the prssure when the machine did it's thing.

One thing I forget once a month or so is to fill the reservoir for the humidifier. I've used cpap with a humidifier for over 35 years. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

One thing I'm really happy about is I bought a watch that samples blood oxygen levels. It's not all that accurate/ it's accurate enough for me. I just have to remember to have it on when I'm sleeping. I'm reassured being able to monitor it.
It also gives me a sleep report. Actually I had to buy an app for that. I can see right away when I went to bed and when I woke up. It even gives me noise displays if I was moving around during sleep. It will display O-two levels. and sleep levels, which I find reassuring, except I end up with more questions than answers.

Trying to think how I can help.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Sleeprider  I’m not  sure if you are seeing my posts to you because another member keeps replying. Don’t how it works, if it still shows as new to you if someone else reads and replies
I see it. I didn't have anything to add other than there are very few roads in CA I have not been on with my motorcycle.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I answer what I can. And admit where I can't
Anyone can answer...
I hope that by answering I bring your questions up to the top of the forum list so more people can see it and respond...

Hope this explanation helps. Or if I'm wrong someone corrects me.
DaveL

Morning sleeprider, still barely still AM in PA, but bet you've been up and working for hours. So was  back on Vauto last night and flow limits disappeared! Amazing how well it works. Pressure was a bit erratic trying to fall asleep, then settled down and was nice and straight. Woke up 3 times which is an improvement for me, usually up every couple of hours. Just so wish I was using Vauto and not CPAP  the night I slept like a baby straight through. Probably will never happen again, but it was wonderful.  Maybe it will, you never know.
Wish my AHI was lower but still under 3.

There are a lot of centrals but overall think it looks ok?

BTW, I have no doubt you rode your motorcycle down almost every road in CA! Maybe even down on my street, who knows.
Gonna be over 100  here in LA today,  Love it hot, just wish I had a pool.

Thanks,
Lorie

Looks very good. We can't treat CA or pauses in breathing, and it looks like events are mainly clustered as you transition to and from sleep. This is kind of normal, and as I said when you were on CPAP it is counter-productive to chase those types of events. There is some fragmentation where you discontinue therapy for short periods, but otherwise I can't think of any changes that would help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Keep it up! Well done.
DaveL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 176 4 hours ago
Last Post: timthebaker
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.