Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Losing Notes in Oscar ...how to save?
RE: Losing Notes in Oscar ...how to save?
I'm also a daily Notes user and have noticed they disappear on me. I've been trying something for awhile and haven't had the issue since doing it. When I'm finished writing the notes, I make sure to put a period after the last word (I didn't always do that since the notes are for my viewing) and then I hit "enter" so the flashing cursor is on the next blank line at the end of my notes.
That's it, and that has been working for me.
No scientific studies were conducted to come up with this conclusion. What works for me, may not work for you. And may quit working for me at any time. Smile
Or maybe the problem with Oscar got fixed.

@GuyScharf -- if this post doesn't help others, feel free to delete it. No need to pollute the site with useless information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the tip. I will try it!
Might help others too. No worries there!
Post Reply Post Reply
the only way I know to be sure notes are saved is to close the program.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
There is a bug in 1.2.0 (and likely earlier versions) where if you add a note and then load CPAP data for another day without first exiting or changing days the note will be lost. This has been fixed in the development version, which will save the note as soon as you move focus out of the Note widget.

In OSCAR 1.2.0 if you switch to another day after adding a note you should see a message like 'Debug: Saving "OSCAR" "Journal" Summaries' in the debug pane (Under Help | Troubleshooting menu) and the note should be present if you switch back to the day containing the note.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 243 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Identify nights by notes? BlueSky1958 6 1,014 06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  journaling/notes per night? ImAlwaysTiredd 0 407 04-22-2023, 08:56 PM
Last Post: ImAlwaysTiredd
  [Feature Request] How to change kg to lbs in OSCAR Profile and Notes for one's Weight JoyD. 3 531 01-31-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  (Feature Request) Add notes to bottom of Statistics Page B1Sailor 0 583 10-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Feature Request: User Notes dkovax 7 864 07-02-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Change save location (OSCAR) PaulaO2 14 4,146 05-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Last Post: OldGrampa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.