Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Losing Notes in Oscar ...how to save?
Losing Notes in Oscar ...how to save?
I don't see a save button in Oscar. I have been losing notes periodically when I upload new data from my SD card. Generally the notes lost are for the day before or a few days before the upload. When does Oscar save the notes?

I did see a thread that might indicate I should be exiting Oscar every day, which I don't normally do. But the lost notes issue seems to be random regardless. Can someone shed some light on this for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Losing Notes in Oscar ...how to save?
What version of OSCAR are you using? I believe that this has been fixed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
1.0.1-r-1
Post Reply Post Reply
The latest version is currently 1.1.0-rc1. I believe the notes have been corrected in this version. Currently, there is a rc4 (rc = Release Candidate) version in the pipeline, but it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to the rc1 until it is released.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, CN!
Post Reply Post Reply
1.1.0 is currently released (no "r" etc. after the version number).

1.1.1 is the one in release-candidate stage, and is not yet publicly released. Very soon, hopefully.
Post Reply Post Reply
I downloaded Oscar 1.2.0 a few days ago and have started to make notes. 

I kept Oscar open on my laptop overnight and then uploaded my new data this morning. Then I checked my notes from yesterday. But they weren't there. Which is a pity as I'd made extensive notes because I was feeling terrible yesterday and had to take the day off work.

I've looked around Oscar help for information about this, including here: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...first_time

and searching 'notes' but didn't find any instructions about this. There's no 'Save' option I can see.

So should I exit Oscar each time I want to save my notes? I just tried that with today's notes and they are still there.

It would be good if the wiki could be updated to make this clear (happy to do that myself if I when/if I meet the criteria for being a wiki editor).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2020, 08:42 PM)Burra Wrote: I downloaded Oscar 1.2.0 a few days ago and have started to make notes. 

I kept Oscar open on my laptop overnight and then uploaded my new data this morning. Then I checked my notes from yesterday. But they weren't there. Which is a pity as I'd made extensive notes because I was feeling terrible yesterday and had to take the day off work.

I've looked around Oscar help for information about this, including here: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...first_time

and searching 'notes' but didn't find any instructions about this. There's no 'Save' option I can see.

So should I exit Oscar each time I want to save my notes? I just tried that with today's notes and they are still there.

It would be good if the wiki could be updated to make this clear (happy to do that myself if I when/if I meet the criteria for being a wiki editor).

Thanks for your report.

We've seen occasional reports like this but have not been able to reproduce the loss of notes or determine what the problem might be.  One of the design "quirks" of OSCAR is that the notes data is not written to disk until the profile is closed, as when you close OSCAR or open a different profile.

I'll try to replicate your scenario tomorrow when I import tonight's data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Confirmed.  I can now reproduce this problem.  We'll put it on our list of things to fix.

In the meantime, the workaround is to switch profiles or close OSCAR to make sure the notes have been saved.

UPDATE: it may work just to change the currently selected day before starting the import. I recommend you test to make sure that causes the notes to be saved.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
This problem will be fixed in the next version of OSCAR. No release date or release number is set yet, but it will be higher than 1.2.0.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 207 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Identify nights by notes? BlueSky1958 6 986 06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  journaling/notes per night? ImAlwaysTiredd 0 392 04-22-2023, 08:56 PM
Last Post: ImAlwaysTiredd
  [Feature Request] How to change kg to lbs in OSCAR Profile and Notes for one's Weight JoyD. 3 515 01-31-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  (Feature Request) Add notes to bottom of Statistics Page B1Sailor 0 561 10-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Feature Request: User Notes dkovax 7 835 07-02-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Change save location (OSCAR) PaulaO2 14 4,060 05-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Last Post: OldGrampa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.